FLEET SUPERVISOR PERTH / PICTON
Job Type: Full time
We keep millions of people moving every day and continue to be Australia's leading transport fuel supplier and convenience retailer. Our business is dynamic and often technical, and we rely on talented people who seek to find solutions. Whatever your journey, we're the fuel that gets you there. Ampol, Australia's own.
- Permanent full-time opportunity based in Perth, ASX listed company
- Great career development opportunities
- Fast paced, customer focused and ‘hands on’ operations position within our distribution business.
We are proud of our heritage. We have been powering better journeys for all Australians for over 100 years. As Australia’s very own fuel brand we are committed to making those journeys easier by meeting Australia’s needs at every step with the care and service we all deserve. And, as we grow, we continue to evolve, to ensure we have low carbon solutions that will meet the needs of our customers well into the future.
We are proud to be an endorsed employer of choice for women by WORK180. To understand more about how Ampol’s policies, benefits and how we support our people, check out some key female leader career stories on the Work180 website.
About the team:
A great time to join us as we are reinvigorating our Ampol Petroleum Distributors business! It is an integral part of our Ampol supply chain, meeting the needs of a diverse set of customers, particularly those in rural and regional locations. We distribute fuels and lubricants products from a network of depots across QLD, NSW and WA, operate up to 100 tanker trucks and employ over 150 dedicated employees.
We have invested in our infrastructure, fleet and people to ensure that we can continue to provide, safe, reliable and competitive supply to our valued customers, both today and into the future. Newly created roles within the team provide new joiners with broad experiences and interactions with customers, colleagues and teams right across the organisation, setting up our talent for future success with job opportunities across Ampol.
About the role:
Reporting to the Regional Operations Manager, this is a fantastic opportunity which offers a varied and broad scope for an experienced transport scheduler, planner or manager to control all heavy vehicle fleet operations across Western Australia. You are responsible for scheduling customer deliveries, managing the fleet assets and achieving safe, reliable and efficient logistics outcomes. You’ll also support a team of drivers across multiple locations and manage their performance by stewarding safe working practices.
This is a busy and hands on and role that offers variety and challenges breadth, with opportunities for learning and development into this and other roles with Ampol.
Standard work hours are Monday to Friday, however, applicants will need to be flexible to respond to operational matters after-hours and on weekends as required. You will also be expected to travel regularly between the depot locations within the territory to engage with your drivers and colleagues.
- Provide quality, front-line service to all Ampol customers including support, sales enquiries, quotations and processing, customer account enquiries and proactive relationship management.
- Lead and promote site Health, Safety, and Wellbeing and ensure quality communication and compliance with all stakeholders and across all depot activities.
- Full management of onsite fuel stock inventories including their quality, and integrity.
- Full management of onsite packaged lubricant inventories from receival to assembly and dispatch including inventory reconciliation and system processing.
- Collate, schedule and allocate customer orders to trucks/drivers across multiple depot locations
- Optimise transport decisions such as supply point, truck type/size and delivery routes to achieve efficient logistics outcomes
- Provide excellent customer service, ensuring reliable and timely supply and respond to emergency and abnormal events
- Be a visible leader for drivers and other depot staff across the territory, steward safe working practices and promote a strong team culture and working environment
- Support the Territory Manager with continuous improvement and business development
Skills and experience:
- You are a versatile, self-motivated, and always willing to take on a challenge.
- You are a problem solver and have a ‘glass half full’ type of attitude.
- You are hands on.
- You are safety, compliance and efficiency focused and you understand the importance of these factors in operating a quality business.
- You understand the importance of our Customers, their satisfaction, and the positive and mutual benefits of our ongoing relationship.
- You will have a sound understanding of safe work practices and standards and their application in a facility and transport/logistics setting.
- You have experience in working in an industrial environment (essential), and ideally you will have experience in dangerous goods / petroleum industry.
- Certificate, Diploma or Degree in Business, Logistics/Transport or related discipline
- Experience with heavy vehicle fleet management and transport scheduling/planning
- Working knowledge of heavy vehicle rules and regulations
- Well-honed relationship management, customer service and communication skills
- People leadership
- Experience in petroleum/bulk commodities is desirable however not mandatory
- Our total remuneration is competitive. This is across base salary, a performance incentive, employee share offers and a 25% discount on Fuel for two privately used cars!
- We are flexible. Many of our teams have embraced hybrid work, balancing time spent remote working, with time spent at an office to connect and work together where it adds value.
- We value recognition. We have an internal recognition platform amplifying the achievements of those who do great work and demonstrate our capabilities and values.
- Career development and learning opportunities including LinkedIn Learning and other tailored training solutions.
- Paid Parental Leave - up to 12 weeks paid Parental leave, and up to a year off (unpaid). In addition to the 12 months of unpaid parental leave, employees may apply for a further 12 months of unpaid parental leave (a total of 24 months for each birth)
- BabyCare Package - financial and flexible support for parents transitioning back to work.
- Need some wheels? Novated Lease options are available.
- Invest in your future with the Employee Share Scheme
- Leave Options – Up to 6 weeks annual leave and additional Wellbeing leave days.
- Care for your Community. Spend one paid day a year volunteering with one of our Ampol Foundation partners.
We’re an equal opportunity workplace. We not only embrace diversity and inclusion; we celebrate what makes you unique. We welcome applications from people of all ages, cultural backgrounds, and diverse sexualities and genders (including if you identify as transgender). We also highly encourage Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples to apply for roles with Ampol.
Want to take your career to the next level? Apply today. Applications close on 18 June 2023.