Location: Fortitude Valley
Job Type: Full time
We keep millions of people moving every day and continue to be Australia's leading transport fuel supplier and convenience retailer. Our business is dynamic and often technical, and we rely on talented people who seek to find solutions. Whatever your journey, we're the fuel that gets you there. Ampol, Australia's own.
- Full time – Fixed Term contract for 12 months – Potential Opportunity for extension.
- Career development opportunities within a broad and exciting business.
- Looking for someone dynamic able to work in an intellectual environment.
We are proud of our heritage. We have been powering better journeys for all Australians for over 100 years. As Australia’s very own fuel brand we are committed to making those journeys easier by meeting Australia’s needs at every step with the care and service we all deserve. And, as we grow, we continue to evolve, to ensure we have low carbon solutions that will meet the needs of our customers well into the future.
We are proud to be an endorsed employer of choice for women by WORK180. To understand more about how Ampol’s policies, benefits and how we support out people, check out some key female leader career stories on the Work180 website.
About the role:
Energy Transition and decarbonisation is one of Ampol’s four strategic pillars, a key priority area that will help ensure we deliver on our purpose to ‘’power better journeys today and tomorrow’’.
This position will be seconded to one of our partners in Future Energy - ENDUA, an Australian startup company that is building the next generation of clean multi day energy storage solutions to power communities, remote industries, and off-grid infrastructure.
The Future Energy Project Specialist supports the development of a range of variable Future Energy technical initiatives likely to be undertaken on an assignment basis but there with a particular focus on the manufacturing and deployment of modular hydrogen-powered energy generation and storage systems across QLD.
- Assist in the development of Future Energy technical initiatives to help develop and commercialise opportunities.
- Support technical solutions for project development across various project opportunities.
- Support key Future Energy projects through the project life cycle to delivery.
- Contribute to robust project plans to ensure effective planning for resources.
- Contribute to accurate project cost estimates and assist actively managing cash flows including approvals, forecasting and payments.
- Identify how developed opportunities may be able to be deployed in real time for the Ampol customer base.
- Liaise with Ampol B2B Sales, Commercial Financial and Legal teams for the planning and coordination for the deployment of units.
- Build and document project management and safety processes as well as the required templates for the deployment of units.
We are looking for someone dynamic with demonstrated strengths in stakeholder engagement on cross functional issues. The ideal candidate will have strong verbal and written communication skills including facilitation and well developed analytical, budgeting and cash flow skills.
Skills and experience:
- Relevant tertiary qualification in Engineering, Project Management or Business.
- 3-5 years’ experience in project engineering of projects related to a manufacturing, electricity, utilities, or energy/hydrogen industries.
- Postgraduate degree with a at least 1-year experience after its completion
- Specialisation in a particular field applicable to Future Energy would be desirable.
We’re an equal opportunity workplace. We not only embrace diversity and inclusion; we celebrate what makes you unique. We welcome applications from people of all ages, cultural backgrounds, and diverse sexualities and genders (including if you identify as transgender). We also highly encourage Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples to apply for roles with Ampol.