Grid Connections Coordinator
Job Type: Full time
We keep millions of people moving every day and continue to be Australia's leading transport fuel supplier and convenience retailer. Our business is dynamic and often technical, and we rely on talented people who seek to find solutions. Whatever your journey, we're the fuel that gets you there. Ampol, Australia's own.
- Full time – Permanent role
- Be a part of a growing and exciting business that is reshaping the future of energy
- Career development opportunities as the business grows
We are proud of our heritage. We have been powering better journeys for all Australians for over 100 years. As Australia’s very own fuel brand we are committed to making those journeys easier by meeting Australia’s needs at every step with the care and service we all deserve. And, as we grow, we continue to evolve, to ensure we have low carbon solutions that will meet the needs of our customers well into the future.
We are proud to be an endorsed employer of choice for women by WORK180. To understand more about how Ampol’s policies, benefits and how we support our people, check out some key female leader career stories on the Work180 website.
About the role:
Energy Transition and Decarbonisation is one of Ampol’s four strategic pillars, a key priority area that will help ensure we deliver on our purpose to ‘power better journeys today and tomorrow’. The objective of the Future Energy team is to evolve our energy offering to ensure we continue to meet the ongoing needs of our customers and deliver an energy offering that best leverages marketplace opportunities as they arise. As we grow, this role may also grow, and reasonable changes may need to be made in accordance with the needs of the business.
The Grid Connection Coordinator will be responsible for coordinating Ampol connection activities with Australian / NZ electricity networks, ensuring timely, cost effective and efficient connections for Ampol’s rollout of EV charging, solar and battery assets across Australia/NZ.
- Submit connection enquiries, connection and embedded generation applications, raise and process payments, track timeframes, (expiration and currency) and accept Connection Offers for all Ampol connections to Distribution Network Service Provider (DNSP) networks.
- Create and manage reporting of DNSP connections to track and report on trends to Ampol management for EV, battery and solar.
- Capture DNSP/Ampol data transfer, designs, approvals and cost within a data base and support systems as the central depository.
- Assist Grid Connections Manager with alignment at operational levels between Ampol and DNSPs.
- Develop and maintain relationships and partnerships with all DNSPs that ensure Ampol is at the forefront.
- Be the first point of contact for networks as they engage with Ampol in regard to connections at an operational level
- Leverage Ampol’s relationships with DNSPs to achieve the best outcomes for the business.
- Apply your team player and collaborative skills to ensure communication and support with all internal and external customers and stakeholders is to a high level and consistent with their needs.
Skills and experience:
- At least 3 years’ experience leading and working within a network connection/ planning team at a DNSP
- DNSP network architecture and asset experience, knowledge – Planning Design, Construct Operate – direct within a DNSP or an ASP, Panel Contractor resource.
- Electrical industry knowledge, with ability to understand electrical designs and communicate concepts with DNSPs.
- Strong understanding, knowledge and experience with the DNSP processes - enquiries, applications and approvals.
- Demonstrated experience in the creation of databases, dashboards and creating reports for management.
- Proven experience supporting delivery teams to create value propositions in the electricity network connections.
- Understanding of the key drivers for networks in the Future Energy space
- Proven ability to present at a senior executive level.
- Strong written communication skills and attention to detail.
- Proven planning and organisational skills and the ability to manage competing priorities.
- Proven ability to engage and collaborate with other related stakeholders as DNSPs, business owners, customers, internal stakeholders to achieve the strategic goals of the organisation.
- Proficient in Microsoft Suite: Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Strong understanding of the Australian energy landscape
We’re an equal opportunity workplace. We not only embrace diversity and inclusion; we celebrate what makes you unique. We welcome applications from people of all ages, cultural backgrounds, and diverse sexualities and genders (including if you identify as transgender). We also highly encourage Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples to apply for roles with Ampol.