Job Type: Full time
We keep millions of people moving every day and continue to be Australia's leading transport fuel supplier and convenience retailer. Our business is dynamic and often technical, and we rely on talented people who seek to find solutions. Whatever your journey, we're the fuel that gets you there. Ampol, Australia's own.
- Solution Architecture & Design role in our Corporate Systems team
- Key role in a multi-year, Enterprise-wide transformation
- Permanent Full time | hybrid working from home and the office
Here at Ampol, we are proud of our heritage as Australia’s only owned fuel brand. Fuel may be the foundation of our business, but our motivation and purpose come from the people, industries, and communities we engage with. From our origins until today, we’ve always been inspired by the role we can play in people’s lives – to keep them moving, to make journeys happen.
In the next few years, Ampol will be evolving our energy offering to ensure we continue to meet the ongoing needs of our customers whilst best leveraging marketplace opportunities as they arise. We are investing in our infrastructure and people to ensure that we can continue to provide, safe, reliable, and competitive supply to our valued customers.
For over 100 years we have supported Australians to travel far and wide, and we’ll be here for 100 more powering better journeys.
We are proud to be recognised as an employer of choice for women by WORK180 and are winners of an Employer Brand award through LinkedIn. To understand more about how Ampol supports its people, check out some key female leader career stories on the Work180 website.
As a Solution Architect, you’ll be responsible for conceptual design & analysis of high level requirements for our corporate systems, proposing IT solutions that deliver the desired business outcomes, and are aligned to overall Enterprise Architectural strategies. As a key part of our Business Systems Solutions team, you may be aligned to a variety of project activities encompassing the likes of ERP changes, Finance and HR/HCM System transformation, systems integration and corporate systems used by Ampol employees.
This is a permanent position based in our Alexandria, Sydney HQ, with flexible, hybrid work options available.
You’ll take us further by:
- Working across a wide range Systems and Applications-led workstreams, aligning technical solution design to new business models and functional requirements
- Analyse current and emerging technologies to identify relevance and value to Ampol
- Collaborate with various teams to identify, recommend, design and deliver systems, applications and IT solution architecture that supports our strategy and objectives
- Contribute to the ongoing Technology roadmap for Business Systems
- Develop High Level and Low Level Architecture Artifacts or equivalent
- Elicit solution parameters from both technical and business stakeholders to ensure wholistic designs and solutioning
- Take ownership of functional and non-functional technical solution elements end to end
- Minimum 10 years IT experience, encompassing
- Proven expertise in the development of solution architectures for complex systems inclusive of all architectural domains and ensuring consistency with specified requirements agreed with both internal and external stakeholders.
- A technical background encompassing large complex systems integration environments
- Ability to express concepts, terminologies, and highly technical content in a clear and concise manner.
- Strong and current understanding of leading technologies and platforms
We’ll take you further by:
- Supporting your career development by offering a choice of strategic projects and programs within a multi-year roadmap of Enterprise-wide Systems transformation
- Our total remuneration is competitive. This is across base salary, a performance incentive, employee share offers and a 25% discount on Fuel for two privately used cars!
- We are flexible. Many of our teams have embraced hybrid work, balancing time spent remote working, with time spent at an office to connect and work together where it adds value.
- We value recognition. We have an internal recognition platform amplifying the achievements of those who do great work and demonstrate our capabilities and values.
- Career development and learning opportunities including LinkedIn Learning and other tailored training solutions.
- Paid Parental Leave - up to 12 weeks paid Parental leave, and up to a year off (unpaid). In addition to the 12 months of unpaid parental leave, employees may apply for a further 12 months of unpaid parental leave (a total of 24 months for each birth)
- BabyCare Package - financial and flexible support for parents transitioning back to work.
- Need some wheels? Novated Lease options are available.
- Invest in your future with the Employee Share Scheme
- Care for your Community. Spend one paid day a year volunteering with one of our Ampol Foundation partners.
We’re an equal opportunity workplace. We not only embrace diversity and inclusion; we celebrate what makes you unique. We welcome applications from people of all ages, cultural backgrounds, and diverse sexualities and genders (including if you identify as transgender). We also highly encourage Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples to apply for roles with Ampol.
If we’ve got your interest, we encourage you to submit an application because we would love to tell you more. Click ‘Apply Online’ below to register your interest.