Water Treatment Specialist - Tropicana Gold Mine
AngloGold Ashanti Australia
Job Type: Full time
Join AngloGold Ashanti and make Gold a part of your Story. A story of exploring, mining, and processing one of the world’s rarest and most sought-after metals. Gold revolutionises and shapes the way in which society functions - come and be a part of our team, a team committed to building a better future.
At AngloGold Ashanti, we pride ourselves on having a collaborative workplace that is focused on providing a safe and inclusive environment for all. We want to create an environment where people feel comfortable to bring their whole, authentic self to work and feel safe, respected, and valued while doing so.
AngloGold Ashanti is one of the world's largest gold producers with operations and projects spanning across four continents. Our globally diverse, world-class portfolio is supported by focused exploration in the established and new gold producing regions of the world. We offer a working environment that allows every employee to contribute, learn and flourish.
In Australia we own and manage the Sunrise Dam Gold Mine, and the Tropicana Gold Mine (70% AGA owned 30% Regis Resources). These are two of Western Australia’s premier gold operations, with ongoing investment and exploration taking place across both open pit and underground operations at each site.
At AGA we celebrate diversity – diversity of thought and experience is important to us. We look for people that have an abundance of willingness and are up to the challenge of making a difference. With this in mind, if you feel that you may not tick all of the boxes below but believe you have something unique to contribute to our team, we strongly encourage you to apply – let’s have the conversation.
We are now seeking an experienced Water Treatment Specialist to join our Projects and Infrastructure team at Tropicana Gold Mine.
Accountable to the NPI Supervisor, this role is responsible for operating and monitoring the wastewater treatment plant, RO plant, Plant and village water quality, and similar other plant. This role is based at Tropicana Gold Mine on an 8/6 roster flying from either Kalgoorlie or Perth.
- Operate and monitor the waste water treatment plants (SBR / Reactor)
- Operate and monitor the reverse osmosis plants
- Plant / village drinking water quality checks
- Operate and monitor oil recovery system
- Operate and monitor plant chiller unit chemistry
- Assist with and recommend plant improvements
People are at the heart of everything we do. We want you to collaborate with us, share your ideas and feel confident to challenge the status quo. To be considered, we would like to see you have:
- A Cert 3 qualification in wastewater management
- RO (reverse osmosis) experience
- UV (ultraviolet light) experience
- Dosing system / pump experience
- Potable water management experience
- Previous experience in Instrumentation will be highly regarded
- Sound knowledge of analytical data recording / reporting and analysis.
- Prior experience in chilled water chemistry is highly regarded
- Proven knowledge in filtration
- PAC 1/2 experience will be highly regarded.
- Demonstrable Citect / Scada / HMI experience
- Must be able to work under own initiatives.
- A “can do” and proactive attitude
- Current WA Drivers Licence
- A National Police Clearance
- Existing Permanent work rights in Australia (Mandatory)
Culture and Benefits
Our workplace demonstrates dignity and respect for each other, we offer challenging work, highly competitive remuneration that is regularly adjusted to market conditions and career development opportunities. At AGAA we consider learning as a shared responsibility and your personal development is important to us. Your new benefits will include:
- Flexible work arrangements
- Opportunity to work for an endorsed WORK180 employer
- Access to our industry-leading Wellness Program
- Active committees driving Diversity & Inclusion
- Top Tier Private Health Insurance for you and your family
- Performance Bonus and Incentive Program
- Salary sacrifice options
Our full list of benefits and why we are recognised as an Endorsed Employer for Women by WORK180 can be seen on the WORK180 website.
Recruitment Agency approaches and referrals will not be accepted for this role, all interested candidates must apply directly to be considered for any role advertised by AngloGold Ashanti Australia.