Process Technician - Sunrise Dam Gold Mine
AngloGold Ashanti Australia
Job Type: Full time
Join AngloGold Ashanti and make Gold a part of your Story. A story of exploring, mining, and processing one of the world’s rarest and most sought-after metals. Gold revolutionises and shapes the way in which society functions - come and be a part of our team, a team committed to building a better future.
At AngloGold Ashanti, we pride ourselves on having a collaborative workplace that is focused on providing a safe and inclusive environment for all. We want to create an environment where people feel comfortable to bring their whole, authentic self to work and feel safe, respected, and valued while doing so.
AngloGold Ashanti is one of the world's largest gold producers with operations and projects spanning across four continents. Our globally diverse, world-class portfolio is supported by focused exploration in the established and new gold producing regions of the world. We offer a working environment that allows every employee to contribute, learn and flourish.
In Australia we own and manage the Sunrise Dam Gold Mine, and the Tropicana Gold Mine (70% AGA owned 30% Regis Resources). These are two of Western Australia’s premier gold operations, with ongoing investment and exploration taking place across both open pit and underground operations at each site.
At AGA we celebrate diversity – diversity of thought and experience is important to us. We look for people that have an abundance of willingness and are up to the challenge of making a difference. With this in mind, if you feel that you may not tick all of the boxes below but believe you have something unique to contribute to our team, we strongly encourage you to apply – let’s have the conversation.
We are now seeking a Process Technician to join our processing team at our Sunrise Dam Gold Mine. Accountable to the Supervisor Processing.
This role is based at the Sunrise Dam Gold Mine on an 8/6, 7/7 FIFO roster, we operate direct flights to our sites from Perth.
- To operate the process plant at its most efficient level in accordance with specified standard operating practices. Operation will involve managing plant throughput, gold recovery and resource usage through effective communication, troubleshooting and problem solving
- To liaise closely with metallurgical and maintenance personnel on safety, plant performance and technical issues with the aim of optimising plant performance, increasing ease of operation and eliminating existing and potential problems
- Carry out routine performance monitoring duties such as sampling, sample analysis, inspection, log keeping and data analysis
- Closely monitor equipment performance to ensure the timely identification of malfunction and loss of performance. Report such conditions to maintenance and metallurgical personnel and assist in repair and troubleshooting appropriate to the level of training received
- Carry out ancillary duties including, amongst others, reagent preparation, instrument calibration and effective plant housekeeping
People are at the heart of everything we do. We want you to collaborate with us, share your ideas and feel confident to challenge the status quo. To be considered, you will demonstrate the following:
- Proven experience working in a mineral processing plant.
- Ability to work in a highly autonomous work environment.
- A strong attention to detail.
- Strong demonstrated mechanical aptitude.
- Ability to train and transfer knowledge in alignment with the department training matrix.
- Strong work ethic.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Experience in Microsoft Office and SCADA is highly regarded.
- Display good problem solving skills.
- Flexibility to adapt to improved procedures and practices.
- Strong commitment to workplace safety and continuous improvement.
- Current WA C Class Driver’s License.
- Existing and ongoing permanent work rights in Australia (Mandatory).
- Able to attain a National Police Clearance.
Culture and Benefits
Our workplace demonstrates dignity and respect for each other, we offer challenging work, highly competitive remuneration that is regularly adjusted to market conditions and career development opportunities. At AGAA we consider learning as a shared responsibility and your personal development is important to us. Your new benefits will include:
- Flexible work arrangements
- Opportunity to work for an endorsed WORK180 employer
- Access to our industry-leading Wellness Program
- Active committees driving Diversity & Inclusion
- Top Tier Private Health Insurance for you and your family
- Performance Bonus and Incentive Program
- Salary sacrifice options
Our full list of benefits and why we are recognised as an Endorsed Employer for Women by WORK180 can be seen on the WORK180 website.
Recruitment Agency approaches and referrals will not be accepted for this role, all interested candidates must apply directly to be considered for any role advertised by AngloGold Ashanti Australia.