Specialist: Business Intelligence and Analytics
AngloGold Ashanti Australia
Job Type: Full time
Join AngloGold Ashanti and make Gold a part of your Story. A story of exploring, mining, and processing one of the world’s rarest and most sought-after metals. Gold revolutionises and shapes the way in which society functions - come and be a part of our team, a team committed to building a better future.
At AngloGold Ashanti, we pride ourselves on having a collaborative workplace that is focused on providing a safe and inclusive environment for all. We want to create an environment where people feel comfortable to bring their whole, authentic self to work and feel safe, respected, and valued while doing so.
AngloGold Ashanti is one of the world's largest gold producers with operations and projects spanning across four continents. Our globally diverse, world-class portfolio is supported by focused exploration in the established and new gold producing regions of the world. We offer a working environment that allows every employee to contribute, learn and flourish.
In Australia we own and manage the Sunrise Dam Gold Mine, and the Tropicana Gold Mine (70% AGA owned 30% Regis Resources). These are two of Western Australia’s premier gold operations, with ongoing investment and exploration taking place across both open pit and underground operations at each site.
At AGA we celebrate diversity – diversity of thought and experience is important to us. We look for people that have an abundance of willingness and are up to the challenge of making a difference. With this in mind, if you feel that you may not tick all of the boxes below but believe you have something unique to contribute to our team, we strongly encourage you to apply – let’s have the conversation.
We are now seeking a Specialist: Business Intelligence and Analytics to join our Business Improvement and Digital Technology team on a 12 month fixed term contract.
Accountable to the Manager: Business Intelligence and Analytics, this role is based in the Perth Corporate office in the CBD.
- Contribute to business intelligence projects and adopting emerging business intelligence and advanced data visualization tools.
- Design, develop and test PowerBI based solutions (reports, dashboards, visualizations) which communicate data and insights in an intuitive way.
- Assist in the development of end-to-end Power Platform solutions (Data gathering, Workflow Automation and Reporting using Microsoft PowerApps/Power Automate)
- Collaborate with business analysts and technical SMEs to gather functional requirements and context to assist in the delivery of meaningful reports, dashboards, data models, and analysis tools.
- Assist technical stakeholders in the defining, designing, implementing, and maintaining of Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) to support operational efficiency.
People are at the heart of everything we do. We want you to collaborate with us, share your ideas and feel confident to challenge the status quo. To be considered, we would like to see you have:
- Tertiary qualification in a Computer Science, Information Technology, Business, Analytics related discipline or equivalent experience.
- Strong quantitative and analytical skills as well as a passion for technology
- Experience working with Power Bi (Data modelling and report design)
- Advanced Data Modelling - Tabular and Multidimensional (DAX, MDX)
- Strong visualisation and interface design skills (UI/UX)
- Foundation skills in SQL and relational database methodology.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Strong ability to analyse, interpret data, and deliver insights.
- Enjoys working collaboratively with key stakeholders and is proactive in a complex environment with strict timelines.
- Experience with Mining related software and/or Fleet Management systems (i.e. MineStar, Pitram, Modular, Micromine or similar.)
Culture and Benefits
Our workplace demonstrates dignity and respect for each other, we offer challenging work, highly competitive remuneration that is regularly adjusted to market conditions and career development opportunities. At AGAA we consider learning as a shared responsibility and your personal development is important to us. Your new benefits will include:
- Flexible work arrangements
- Opportunity to work for an endorsed WORK180 employer
- Access to our industry-leading Wellness Program
- Active committees driving Diversity & Inclusion
- Top Tier Private Health Insurance for you and your family
- Performance Bonus and Incentive Program
- Salary sacrifice options
Our full list of benefits and why we are recognised as an Endorsed Employer for Women by WORK180 can be seen on the WORK180 website.
Recruitment Agency approaches and referrals will not be accepted for this role, all interested candidates must apply directly to be considered for any role advertised by AngloGold Ashanti Australia.