Lubrication Technician - Tropicana Gold Mine
AngloGold Ashanti Australia
Job Type: Full time
Join AngloGold Ashanti and make Gold a part of your Story. A story of exploring, mining, and processing one of the world’s rarest and most sought-after metals. Gold revolutionises and shapes the way in which society functions - come and be a part of our team, a team committed to building a better future.
At AngloGold Ashanti, we pride ourselves on having a collaborative workplace that is focused on providing a safe and inclusive environment for all. We want to create an environment where people feel comfortable to bring their whole, authentic self to work and feel safe, respected, and valued while doing so.
AngloGold Ashanti is one of the world's largest gold producers with operations and projects spanning across four continents. Our globally diverse, world-class portfolio is supported by focused exploration in the established and new gold producing regions of the world. We offer a working environment that allows every employee to contribute, learn and flourish.
In Australia we own and manage the Sunrise Dam Gold Mine, and the Tropicana Gold Mine (70% AGA owned 30% Regis Resources). These are two of Western Australia’s premier gold operations, with ongoing investment and exploration taking place across both open pit and underground operations at each site.
At AGA we celebrate diversity – diversity of thought and experience is important to us. We look for people that have an abundance of willingness and are up to the challenge of making a difference. With this in mind, if you feel that you may not tick all of the boxes below but believe you have something unique to contribute to our team, we strongly encourage you to apply – let’s have the conversation.
We are currently seeking a Lubrication Technician to join our Maintenance team at Tropicana Gold Mine.
Accountable to the Senior Reliability Engineer, this role works as part of a small team of specialists to ensure continued availability and operability of process machinery.
This role is offered on an 8/6 roster with direct flights to site from Perth or Kalgoorlie.
- Carry out routine lubrication tasks on fixed plant equipment, with a focus on contamination control and filtration improvements
- Coordinate the quality and quantity of storage, dispensing and taste disposal of all lubrication oils, hydraulic oils and greases in accordance with ISO 14001
- Complete routine mechanical inspections and conditioning of all fixed plant equipment and analysing results provided by vendors or from site analysis to recommend changes
- Filling, draining, sampling and maintaining onsite hydrocarbon reservoir levels, including but not limited to, gearboxes, fuel tanks, lubrication systems and waste tanks.
- Installation and maintenance of lubrication hardware including labels, mechanical level indicators, fill and drain fittings, breathers, filters, sample points and various greasing systems in order to maintain company standards.
- Ensuring all lubrication and fuel issues, including leaks, contamination, usage and component failures are investigated thoroughly so that the root cause can be identified.
- Actively utilise SAP to ensure maintenance work orders and defects are accurately recorded and information is correct and up-to-date with the appropriate urgency rating.
People are at the heart of everything we do. We want you to collaborate with us, share your ideas and feel confident to challenge the status quo. To be considered, we would like to see you have:
- Previous experience in a Lubrication Technician role
- Knowledge of specifications of hydraulic fittings
- Experience in Lubrication maintenance of mineral processing or heavy industrial plants
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to relate to people at all levels
- A current WA ‘C’ Class Driver’s License
- Ability to obtain a National Police Clearance
- Ongoing permanent work rights in Australia (mandatory)
Culture and Benefits
Our workplace demonstrates dignity and respect for each other, we offer challenging work, highly competitive remuneration that is regularly adjusted to market conditions and career development opportunities. At AGAA we consider learning as a shared responsibility and your personal development is important to us. Your new benefits will include:
- Flexible work arrangements
- Opportunity to work for an endorsed WORK180 employer
- Access to our industry-leading Wellness Program
- Active committees driving Diversity & Inclusion
- Top Tier Private Health Insurance for you and your family
- Performance Bonus and Incentive Program
- Salary sacrifice options
Our full list of benefits and why we are recognised as an Endorsed Employer for Women by WORK180 can be seen on the WORK180 website.
Recruitment Agency approaches and referrals will not be accepted for this role, all interested candidates must apply directly to be considered for any role advertised by AngloGold Ashanti Australia.