Mine Geologists - Sunrise Dam Gold Mine
AngloGold Ashanti Australia
Job Type: Full time
Join AngloGold Ashanti and make Gold a part of your Story. A story of exploring, mining, and processing one of the world’s rarest and most sought-after metals. Gold revolutionises and shapes the way in which society functions - come and be a part of our team, a team committed to building a better future.
At AngloGold Ashanti, we pride ourselves on having a collaborative workplace that is focused on providing a safe and inclusive environment for all. We want to create an environment where people feel comfortable to bring their whole, authentic self to work and feel safe, respected, and valued while doing so.
AngloGold Ashanti is one of the world's largest gold producers with operations and projects spanning across four continents. Our globally diverse, world-class portfolio is supported by focused exploration in the established and new gold producing regions of the world. We offer a working environment that allows every employee to contribute, learn and flourish.
In Australia we own and manage the Sunrise Dam Gold Mine, and the Tropicana Gold Mine (70% AGA owned 30% Regis Resources). These are two of Western Australia’s premier gold operations, with ongoing investment and exploration taking place across both open pit and underground operations at each site.
At AGA we celebrate diversity – diversity of thought and experience is important to us. We look for people that have an abundance of willingness and are up to the challenge of making a difference. With this in mind, if you feel that you may not tick all of the boxes below but believe you have something unique to contribute to our team, we strongly encourage you to apply – let’s have the conversation.
We are now seeking Mine Geologists to join our Mine Geology team at our Sunrise Dam Gold Mine. Accountable to the Senior Mine Geologist.
Ideally, we are looking to employ an UG Mine Geologist, and an OP Mine Geologist. The OP mine geologist will spend approximately six months in the open pit before transferring to Sunrise underground mine. Both roles will be based at Sunrise Dam and be on an 8/6 FIFO roster, we operate direct flights to our sites from Perth and Kalgoorlie.
The key accountabilities of the role include:
- Demonstrate a strong affinity with AGA values especially in safety ‘walking the talk’
- Coordinate within the geology and mining teams to ensure succinct and timely execution of the mine plan.
- Manage and report daily, weekly, and monthly production activities, reviewing to plan and reporting against scheduled performance
- Undertake and oversee underground mapping of development. Training and mentoring graduate geologist and underground techs in all aspects of their roles.
- Using your experience to deliver industry best practices in the following key aspects of work; drill program design, QAQC, database management, reconciliations, and material tracking.
- Manage reverse circulation drilling activities from scheduling to design and implementation.
- Assist grade control geologist in generating high quality models using conditional simulation techniques.
- Building and maintaining cooperative and collaborative working relationships with alliance partners across site.
- Completing all tasks in accordance with all relevant safety instructions, procedures and rules, and the Duty of care.
People are at the heart of everything we do. We want you to collaborate with us, share your ideas and feel confident to challenge the status quo. To be considered, we would like to see you have:
- A relevant tertiary degree in Geology.
- Prior experience in either open pit or underground mining environments.
- A strong sense of safety.
- Ability to work in a dynamic, busy, fast paced mining environment.
- Very clear and concise communication and written skills.
- A comprehensive understanding of the mining cycle.
- Proficient in 3D software packages. Experience in Vulcan and Leapfrog is highly regarded.
- Experienced in QAQC practices.
- Current C class Manual Driver’s License.
- Ability to obtain a National Police Clearance
- Existing and ongoing working rights in Australia (mandatory)
Culture and Benefits
Our workplace demonstrates dignity and respect for each other, we offer challenging work, highly competitive remuneration that is regularly adjusted to market conditions and career development opportunities. At AGAA we consider learning as a shared responsibility and your personal development is important to us. Your new benefits will include:
- Flexible work arrangements
- Opportunity to work for an endorsed WORK180 employer
- Access to our industry-leading Wellness Program
- Active committees driving Diversity & Inclusion
- Top Tier Private Health Insurance for you and your family
- Performance Bonus and Incentive Program
- Salary sacrifice options
Our full list of benefits and why we are recognised as an Endorsed Employer for Women by WORK180 can be seen on the WORK180 website.
Recruitment Agency approaches and referrals will not be accepted for this role, all interested candidates must apply directly to be considered for any role advertised by AngloGold Ashanti Australia.