HR Business Partner - Tropicana Gold Mine
AngloGold Ashanti Australia
Job Type: Full time
Owned by AngloGold Ashanti Australia Ltd (70% and manager) and Regis Resources Ltd (30%), Tropicana produces approximately 450,000 ounces annually. The Tropicana operation comprises a significant open pit mine with a 6 year life as well as the newly developed the Boston Shaker underground. The Boston Shaker underground has a mine life of 7 years with significant exploration upside being realised with a large brownfields drilling budget to support Mineral Resource and Ore Reserve growth creating an exciting future. Coupled with this, working at Tropicana provides the opportunity to work with a gold mining major on a stable, long life and well managed operation.
We are seeking a highly passionate and driven HR Business Partner to join our onsite team at Tropicana Gold Mine.
Reporting to the Lead: HR Business Partner this role will partner with employees and people leaders to align and successfully implement effective people initiatives. Supported by the broader People and Capability team the HRBP will partner with people leaders to build capability and shape organisational culture on site.
- Partner with key stakeholders to deliver a professional and positive employee experience by providing effective HR advice and build relationships as a true business partner
- Provide recommendations to the Lead: HR Business Partner on strategies and programs to develop a positive culture that is aligned to corporate values and expected behaviours
- Support organisational effectiveness solutions and initiatives that will contribute to building a high-performance culture
- Provide accurate and timely people management advice and support for people leaders as required to ensure compliance with company, legislative and statutory requirements
- Coach and upskill people leaders in performance management, disciplinary procedures, and grievance resolution
- Support the implementation of key reward initiatives including remuneration, reward and benefits and relevant employee incentive plans
- Assist as required with People and Capability (including wellbeing and inclusion) initiatives across the site
People are at the heart of everything we do. We want you to collaborate with us, share your ideas and feel confident to challenge the status quo. To be considered, you will demonstrate a strong work ethic with a willingness to uphold the AngloGold Ashanti Values. Along with these expectations the ideal candidate would ideally possess:
- Minimum 5 years’ HR experience with at least 2 years in an operations-based HR generalist role
- Generalist experience in all areas of the Human Resources discipline i.e., industrial relations, organisational development, training and development, remuneration and benefits, as well as staffing (i.e., recruitment, selection, and placement)
- Experience within the mining or related industry would be advantageous
- Relevant degree/ qualification in HR or other relevant qualification or related experience
- Experience with job evaluation methodology desirable
- Permanent work rights in Australia
- Current C class Manual Driver’s License.
- The ability to obtain a National Police Clearance
Culture and Benefits
Our workplace demonstrates dignity and respect for each other, and we offer challenging work and career development opportunities. We view learning as a shared responsibility and your personal development is important to us. As well as an attractive remuneration package and a performance bonus scheme all our permanent employees (and their direct family members) are eligible for fully paid gold level private health cover, professional memberships, flexible work options and 18 weeks paid parental leave. See our full list of benefits and why we are recognised as an Endorsed Employer for Women by WORK180 here.
I want to be part of the AngloGold Ashanti Family!
To be successful in this role you will share AngloGold Ashanti's values and its commitment to safety and the environment. If you think that’s you, and you think you meet some of the requirements we encourage you to apply here and we will be in touch.
Recruitment Agency approaches and referrals will not be accepted for this role, all interested candidates must apply directly to be considered for any role advertised by AngloGold Ashanti Australia.
AngloGold Ashanti reserves the right to commence interviewing immediately for the role.