Supervisor: Processing - Sunrise Dam Gold Mine
AngloGold Ashanti Australia
Job Type: Full time
Join AngloGold Ashanti and make Gold a part of your Story. A story of exploring, mining, and processing one of the world’s rarest and most sought-after metals. Gold revolutionises and shapes the way in which society functions - come and be a part of our team, a team committed to building a better future.
At AngloGold Ashanti, we pride ourselves on having a collaborative workplace that is focused on providing a safe and inclusive environment for all. We want to create an environment where people feel comfortable to bring their whole, authentic self to work and feel safe, respected, and valued while doing so.
AngloGold Ashanti is one of the world's largest gold producers with operations and projects spanning across four continents. Our globally diverse, world-class portfolio is supported by focused exploration in the established and new gold producing regions of the world. We offer a working environment that allows every employee to contribute, learn and flourish.
In Australia we own and manage the Sunrise Dam Gold Mine, and the Tropicana Gold Mine (70% AGA owned 30% Regis Resources). These are two of Western Australia’s premier gold operations, with ongoing investment and exploration taking place across both open pit and underground operations at each site.
At AGA we celebrate diversity – diversity of thought and experience is important to us. We look for people that have an abundance of willingness and are up to the challenge of making a difference. With this in mind, if you feel that you may not tick all of the boxes below but believe you have something unique to contribute to our team, we strongly encourage you to apply – let’s have the conversation.
We are now seeking a Processing Supervisor to join our Processing team at our Sunrise Dam Gold Mine. Accountable to the Superintendent: Processing.
This role is based at the Sunrise Dam Gold Mine on an 8/6 FIFO roster, we operate direct flights to our sites from Perth and Kalgoorlie.
- Maintaining a safe workplace within the department leading by example and assuring adherence to site policy and procedures.
- Identifying and eliminating hazards in the work place through effective field interactions.
- Effective supervision and mentoring of a team of process technicians resulting in a fully engaged and competent work group.
- Coordinate and oversee operations within the Processing Plant and related support systems including efficiency of the Crushing, Grinding, Gravity, Flotation, CIL/CIP, Desorption, Reagent Storage, TSF and Water Services ensuring productive and quality work outputs.
- Develop a team that are driven in a proactive manner to deliver agreed performance targets at all times.
- Ensuring the Processing Plant specific KPIs are met or exceeded at all times.
- Liaise with the Superintendent and Metallurgists regarding targets, variations, plant performance and reagent consumption.
- Review and understand weekly / monthly forecast targets and communicate with immediate team members.
- Review any variances in production targets to minimise interruptions and maximise production.
- Practice effective cost management and identify cost minimisation strategies.
- Actively seek to identify areas for continuous improvement initiatives that could have cost and/or production benefits.
- Ensuring team compliance with all company, legislative and statutory regulations in regards to safety and the environment.
- Effective communication, understanding and support given to all other departments based on transparent information sharing.
- Embed compliance to all business aspects establishing world best practice.
People are at the heart of everything we do. We want you to collaborate with us, share your ideas and feel confident to challenge the status quo. To be considered, we would like to see you have:
- Previous Supervisory & Leadership experience within a similar function.
- Strong working knowledge of mineral processing with a high degree of practical understanding of processing functions (operational & mechanical).
- Previous experience with flotation and complex comminution circuits.
- Ability to work in a highly autonomous work environment.
- Previous experience in leading highly motivated individuals.
- A strong attention to detail.
- Strong demonstrated mechanical aptitude
- Ability to train, coach and transfer knowledge in alignment with the department training matrix
- Excellent verbal/written communication skills
- Sound computer literacy including MS Outlook, Excel, Word, SCADA and software such as SAP.
- Display good trouble solving skills
- Flexibility to adapt to new and improved procedures and practices
- Strong commitment to workplace safety and continuous improvement
- Current WA C class (manual) drivers licence.
- Existing and ongoing Permanent work rights in Australia.(Mandatory)
Culture and Benefits
Our workplace demonstrates dignity and respect for each other, we offer challenging work, highly competitive remuneration that is regularly adjusted to market conditions and career development opportunities. At AGAA we consider learning as a shared responsibility and your personal development is important to us. Your new benefits will include:
- Flexible work arrangements
- Opportunity to work for an endorsed WORK180 employer
- Access to our industry-leading Wellness Program
- Active committees driving Diversity & Inclusion
- Top Tier Private Health Insurance for you and your family
- Performance Bonus and Incentive Program
- Salary sacrifice options
Our full list of benefits and why we are recognised as an Endorsed Employer for Women by WORK180 can be seen on the WORK180 website.
Recruitment Agency approaches and referrals will not be accepted for this role, all interested candidates must apply directly to be considered for any role advertised by AngloGold Ashanti Australia.