Process Technician: Gold Room - Sunrise Dam
AngloGold Ashanti Australia
Job Type: Full time
Join AngloGold Ashanti and make Gold a part of your Story. A story of exploring, mining, and processing one of the world’s rarest and most sought-after metals. Gold revolutionises and shapes the way in which society functions - come and be a part of our team, a team committed to building a better future.
At AngloGold Ashanti, we pride ourselves on having a collaborative workplace that is focused on providing a safe and inclusive environment for all. We want to create an environment where people feel comfortable to bring their whole, authentic self to work and feel safe, respected, and valued while doing so.
AngloGold Ashanti is one of the world's largest gold producers with operations and projects spanning across four continents. Our globally diverse, world-class portfolio is supported by focused exploration in the established and new gold producing regions of the world. We offer a working environment that allows every employee to contribute, learn and flourish.
In Australia we own and manage the Sunrise Dam Gold Mine, and the Tropicana Gold Mine (70% AGA owned 30% Regis Resources). These are two of Western Australia’s premier gold operations, with ongoing investment and exploration taking place across both open pit and underground operations at each site.
At AGA we celebrate diversity – diversity of thought and experience is important to us. We look for people that have an abundance of willingness and are up to the challenge of making a difference. With this in mind, if you feel that you may not tick all of the boxes below but believe you have something unique to contribute to our team, we strongly encourage you to apply – let’s have the conversation.
We are now seeking a Process Technician: Gold Room to join our Processing team at our Sunrise Dam Gold Mine. Accountable to the Senior Production Metallurgist.
This role is based at the Sunrise Dam Gold Mine on an 8/6 FIFO roster, we operate direct flights to our sites from Perth and Kalgoorlie.
- Maintain a high level of security at all times
- Ensuring all accidents and incidents are reported according to company policy
- Operate the gold room and elution circuit at their most efficient level in accordance with specified standard operating practices.
- Manage gravity gold recovery, carbon movement, elution, electrowinning and smelting activities.
- Liaise with metallurgical and maintenance personnel around safety, plant/equipment performance and maintenance requirements
- Carry out routine performance monitoring duties such as sampling, sample analysis and equipment inspections,
- Contributing to the development of safe work instructions
- Maintain a high standard of housekeeping, cleanliness, and tidiness around the gold recovery processes
People are at the heart of everything we do. We want you to collaborate with us, share your ideas and feel confident to challenge the status quo. To be considered, we would like to see you have:
- Strong commitment to workplace safety and continuous improvement
- Demonstrated experience working in a gold mineral processing plant
- Previous experience with gravity gold recovery, elution, and gold room operating functions
- Ability to work in a highly autonomous work environment
- Strong attention to detail and problem solving skills
- Demonstrated mechanical aptitude
- Ability to transfer knowledge in alignment with the department training matrix
- Excellent verbal/written communication skills
- Sound computer literacy – Microsoft Office
- Flexibility to adapt to improve procedures and practices
- Current WA C Class Drivers Licence
- Existing and ongoing permanent work rights in Australia (Mandatory)
- Able to attain a National Police Clearance
Culture and Benefits
Our workplace demonstrates dignity and respect for each other, we offer challenging work, highly competitive remuneration that is regularly adjusted to market conditions and career development opportunities. At AGAA we consider learning as a shared responsibility and your personal development is important to us. Your new benefits will include:
- Flexible work arrangements
- Opportunity to work for an endorsed WORK180 employer
- Access to our industry-leading Wellness Program
- Active committees driving Diversity & Inclusion
- Top Tier Private Health Insurance for you and your family
- Performance Bonus and Incentive Program
- Salary sacrifice options
Our full list of benefits and why we are recognised as an Endorsed Employer for Women by WORK180 can be seen on the WORK180 website.
Recruitment Agency approaches and referrals will not be accepted for this role, all interested candidates must apply directly to be considered for any role advertised by AngloGold Ashanti Australia.