Electrical Supervisor: Services & UG Maintenance - Tropicana Gold Mine
AngloGold Ashanti Australia
Job Type: Full time
Join AngloGold Ashanti and make Gold a part of your Story. A story of exploring, mining, and processing one of the world’s rarest and most sought-after metals. Gold revolutionises and shapes the way in which society functions - come and be a part of our team, a team committed to building a better future.
At AngloGold Ashanti, we pride ourselves on having a collaborative workplace that is focused on providing a safe and inclusive environment for all. We want to create an environment where people feel comfortable to bring their whole, authentic self to work and feel safe, respected, and valued while doing so.
AngloGold Ashanti is one of the world's largest gold producers with operations and projects spanning across four continents. Our globally diverse, world-class portfolio is supported by focused exploration in the established and new gold producing regions of the world. We offer a working environment that allows every employee to contribute, learn and flourish.
In Australia we own and manage the Sunrise Dam Gold Mine, and the Tropicana Gold Mine (70% AGA owned 30% Regis Resources). These are two of Western Australia’s premier gold operations, with ongoing investment and exploration taking place across both open pit and underground operations at each site.
At AGA we celebrate diversity – diversity of thought and experience is important to us. We look for people that have an abundance of willingness and are up to the challenge of making a difference. With this in mind, if you feel that you may not tick all of the boxes below but believe you have something unique to contribute to our team, we strongly encourage you to apply – let’s have the conversation.
We are currently seeking an Electrical Supervisor: Services and Underground Maintenance to join our Maintenance team at Tropicana Gold Mine.
Reporting to the Superintendent: Maintenance Mine Services, you will be accountable for providing electrical services and supervision for the multidisciplinary services and dewatering team, ensuring reliable, efficient and sustainable operations at the mine site.
This position is offered on an 8/6 FIFO roster, with flights directly to site from Perth or Kalgoorlie.
- Ensuring personal and team compliance with all company, legislative and statutory regulations
- Assisting in ensuring that the team are trained and developed to their full potential
- Working with the maintenance team in a ‘hands on’ capacity carrying out electrical maintenance work when required
- Assisting in the management and execution of daily, weekly and monthly work plans and schedules
- Developing detailed plans for the delivery of work including assessing labour requirements
- Facilitate pre-start meetings
- Providing ongoing coaching and mentoring of team through the effective use of Performance Management Systems
People are at the heart of everything we do. We want you to collaborate with us, share your ideas and feel confident to challenge the status quo. To be considered, we would like to see you have:
- A strong commitment towards leading a safe work culture
- Previous experience in an underground electrical supervision role, preferably within the mining industry
- Experience in supervising a multi-faceted team of tradespeople
- An electrical worker’s license endorsed “electrician” or “electrical mechanic” issued under the Electricity (Licensing) Regulations 1991
- Currently hold or able to hold the position of Electrical Nominee registered with the Electrical Licensing Board
- Proficiency with using Microsoft Office – Word, Excel, Outlook and Project
- A current Western Australian ‘C’ class drivers license
- Ability to obtain a National Police Clearance
- Existing and ongoing permanent work rights in Australia are mandatory
Culture and Benefits
Our workplace demonstrates dignity and respect for each other, we offer challenging work, highly competitive remuneration that is regularly adjusted to market conditions and career development opportunities. At AGAA we consider learning as a shared responsibility and your personal development is important to us. Your new benefits will include:
- Flexible work arrangements
- Opportunity to work for an endorsed WORK180 employer
- Access to our industry-leading Wellness Program
- Active committees driving Diversity & Inclusion
- Top Tier Private Health Insurance for you and your family
- Performance Bonus and Incentive Program
- Salary sacrifice options
Our full list of benefits and why we are recognised as an Endorsed Employer for Women by WORK180 can be seen on the WORK180 website.
Recruitment Agency approaches and referrals will not be accepted for this role, all interested candidates must apply directly to be considered for any role advertised by AngloGold Ashanti Australia.