Reliability Engineer - Tropicana Gold Mine
AngloGold Ashanti Australia
Job Type: Full time
Join AngloGold Ashanti and make Gold a part of your Story. A story of exploring, mining, and processing one of the world’s rarest and most sought-after metals. Gold revolutionises and shapes the way in which society functions - come and be a part of our team, a team committed to building a better future.
At AngloGold Ashanti, we pride ourselves on having a collaborative workplace that is focused on providing a safe and inclusive environment for all. We want to create an environment where people feel comfortable to bring their whole, authentic self to work and feel safe, respected, and valued while doing so.
AngloGold Ashanti is one of the world's largest gold producers with operations and projects spanning across four continents. Our globally diverse, world-class portfolio is supported by focused exploration in the established and new gold producing regions of the world. We offer a working environment that allows every employee to contribute, learn and flourish.
In Australia we own and manage the Sunrise Dam Gold Mine, and the Tropicana Gold Mine (70% AGA owned 30% Regis Resources). These are two of Western Australia’s premier gold operations, with ongoing investment and exploration taking place across both open pit and underground operations at each site.
At AGA we celebrate diversity – diversity of thought and experience is important to us. We look for people that have an abundance of willingness and are up to the challenge of making a difference. With this in mind, if you feel that you may not tick all of the boxes below but believe you have something unique to contribute to our team, we strongly encourage you to apply – let’s have the conversation.
We are currently seeking an experienced Reliability Engineer to join our Maintenance team at Tropicana Gold Mine.
Reporting to the Senior Reliability Engineer, this role is responsible for maintaining and improving the availability of the plant. You will be accountable for implementing and optimizing effective maintenance strategies and conducting equipment performance investigations to minimize cost and maximise the production capacity of the processing plant.
This role is offered on an 4/3 fly in, fly out roster with flights directly to site from Perth or Kalgoorlie. Flexible working arrangements will also be considered for this position.
- Plan required inputs for Maintenance planning department in regards to preventative maintenance
- Undertake investigations of equipment failures in using root causes analysis (RCA) methodologies
- Identification of resource requirements for condition monitoring
- Process for analysis and investigation of plant incidents and failures
- Implementation of corrective actions from reliability investigations
- Analysis of OEM vendor/contractor reports, with corrective action or escalation
- Provide monthly reliability reporting and perform ad-hoc presentations
People are at the heart of everything we do. We want you to collaborate with us, share your ideas and feel confident to challenge the status quo. To be considered, we would like to see you have:
- Tertiary qualifications in Engineering
- Demonstrated analytical and problem-solving skills
- Strong knowledge of failure analysis (wear, coating, lubrication, bearings, gears, corrosion, etc)
- Equipment experience depending on qualification includes motors, motor control center (MCC), circuit breaker, instrumentation and control, transformers, powerline, ball mills, jaw and cone crushers, conveyors, slurry pumps, flotation, vibrating screens and feeders, kilns, cyclones and thickeners, etc
- Continuous improvement mindset and safety leadership
- Proficient with Excel and excellent report writing and presentation skills
- Prior experience in using Autodesk will be highly regarded but is not essential
- Current WA Drivers Licence, A National Police Clearance, Existing and ongoing Permanent work rights in Australia (Mandatory)
Culture and Benefits
Our workplace demonstrates dignity and respect for each other, we offer challenging work, highly competitive remuneration that is regularly adjusted to market conditions and career development opportunities. At AGAA we consider learning as a shared responsibility and your personal development is important to us. Your new benefits will include:
- Flexible work arrangements
- Opportunity to work for an endorsed WORK180 employer
- Access to our industry-leading Wellness Program
- Active committees driving Diversity & Inclusion
- Top Tier Private Health Insurance for you and your family
- Performance Bonus and Incentive Program
- Salary sacrifice options
Our full list of benefits and why we are recognised as an Endorsed Employer for Women by WORK180 can be seen on the WORK180 website.
AGAA recognises that standard recruitment processes are not accessible to everyone. If there are any accommodations or supports that would assist you in participating in the recruitment process for this role, please reach out to our Inclusion, Diversity, and Equity team at InclDiversityEquity@anglogoldashanti.com
Recruitment Agency approaches and referrals will not be accepted for this role, all interested candidates must apply directly to be considered for any role advertised by AngloGold Ashanti Australia.