Technical Officer - Electrical & Instrumentation
Job Type: Full time
APA is a leading Australian energy infrastructure business. We own and/or manage and operate a diverse, $21 billion portfolio of gas, electricity, solar and wind assets. Consistent with our purpose to strengthen communities through responsible energy, we deliver approximately half of the nation’s gas usage and connect Victoria with South Australia and New South Wales with Queensland through our investments in electricity transmission assets. We are also one of the largest owners and operators of renewable power generation assets in Australia, with wind and solar projects across the country. Our operations span every mainland state and territory in the country and we employ more than 1900 people.
Our vision is to be world class in energy solutions.
We now have exciting opportunities available for a Technical Officer – Electrical to join our Operations and Maintenance team in Albury on a full time basis.
Reporting to the Regional Manager you will play a key role in leading the Field Operations team, establishing a culture of safety, service delivery, reliability and continuous improvement .
- Operate and maintain natural gas pipeline and associated facilities to reliably deliver energy for our customers
- To contribute to the continuous improvement of the assets and practices of APA both locally and nationally
- Third Party Awareness and Landowner Relations – assist and communicate as required
- Contribute to the safety culture in accordance with APA’s HSE procedures
- Mentor and assist with upskilling other team members
- Trade qualification – Electrical
- Proven experience in a similar operational environment preferred but not essential
- Computer literate with good verbal and written communication skills as well as good interpersonal skills
- Adaptability to changing priorities to maintain operations
- Ability to work collaboratively across multiple internal and external stakeholders
Sound like your kind of career? We’d love to hear from you.
APA is an equal opportunity employer. The safety and sustainability of our people, community and environment is our focus. We embrace diversity in our people to ensure our workforce is representative of the communities that we operate in.
When you join us on this journey to success, you will have access to targeted career development programs, competitive remuneration, employee benefits, work–life balance and wellbeing programs. We are proud to offer hybrid working arrangements for our office based roles.
Role closes 20th November 2022. Role Reference number 2801
Applicants must be eligible to work in Australia to be considered.
APA Group is not accepting submissions from recruitment agencies for this role.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those under consideration will be contacted. Visit us on apa.com.au/careers