Team Leader Orbost Gas Plant
Job Type: Full time
APA is a leading Australian energy infrastructure business. We own and/or manage and operate a diverse, $21 billion portfolio of gas, electricity, solar and wind assets. Consistent with our purpose to strengthen communities through responsible energy, we deliver approximately half of the nation’s gas usage and connect Victoria with South Australia and New South Wales with Queensland through our investments in electricity transmission assets. We are also one of the largest owners and operators of renewable power generation assets in Australia, with wind and solar projects across the country.
We employee more than 2000 people across Australia and know that they are the key to our success. We are committed to a diverse and inclusive culture, where all our people feel safe, valued, and trusted to do their best every day to deliver our vision to be world class in energy solutions.
We now have an exciting opportunity available for a Team Leader – Orbost Gas Plant to join our Operations team in Orbost, Victoria on a Full Time Basis working a 7/7 shift roster
Reporting to the OGP Regional Manager –Midstream Operations, you will play a key role in ensuring the facility is managed, operated and maintained safely, with minimal environmental impact and in compliance with statutory, Safety Case and Environmental Plan requirements and APA Management System(s).
- Ensure the facility is managed, operated and maintained safely, with minimal environmental impact and in compliance with statutory, Safety Case and Environmental Plan requirements and APA Management System(s).
- Collaborate with the site planning and scheduling team and engineering support to drive implementation of the forward work program. Balancing operational and maintenance tasks to achieve business performance targets
- Assist personnel to become competent in their position roles, by providing guidance and mentoring support to colleagues. Managing personnel issues in accordance with APA standards and procedures.
- Drive continuous improvement of maintenance and operations practices to deliver optimum cost effective reliability and production processing of the facility.
- Trade qualified or extensive equivalent experience in relevant field
- Demonstrated leadership experience, communication and supervisory experience.
- Experienced in implementing HS&E and quality management systems as required by Major Hazard Facilities.
- Experience leading and managing team of multidiscipline operators or maintainers.
- Emergency Response Management & Risk Assessment Training
About the Team
APA operate and maintain the Orbost Gas Plant on behalf of Cooper Energy. The MHF Midstream operation is processing gas from the Sole wells to the East Gippsland pipeline. This position leads a small team of trade qualified operator maintainers on a 7 day shift operation. The plant is approximating name plate capacity of 68TJ’s / day and this is an exciting time to join a capable and enthusiastic team to embed established operating systems to deliver superior plant performance.
Working at APA
APA is an equal opportunity employer. The safety and sustainability of our people, community and environment is our focus. We embrace diversity in our people to ensure our workforce is representative of the communities that we operate in.
APA provides you with access to targeted career development programs, competitive remuneration, employee benefits, work–life balance and wellbeing programs. APA also have an inclusive parental leave policy that supports all parents throughout their parenting journey.
Applicants must be eligible to work in Australia to be considered.
Sound like your kind of career?We’d love to hear from you.
Role closes Sunday 4th December. Role Reference number 2963
PD is available on request by emailing email@example.com