Administration Officer - Engineering and Design
Job Type: Full time
APA is a leading Australian energy infrastructure business. We own and/or manage and operate a diverse, $21 billion portfolio of gas, electricity, solar and wind assets. Consistent with our purpose to strengthen communities through responsible energy, we deliver approximately half of the nation’s gas usage and connect Victoria with South Australia and New South Wales with Queensland through our investments in electricity transmission assets. We are also one of the largest owners and operators of renewable power generation assets in Australia, with wind and solar projects across the country.
We employee more than 2000 people across Australia and know that they are the key to our success. We are committed to a diverse and inclusive culture, where all our people feel safe, valued, and trusted to do their best every day to deliver our vision to be world class in energy solutions.
We now have an exciting opportunity available for an Administration Officer - Engineering and Design to join our Networks team in Thomastown VIC, fulltime for 12 months.
Reporting to the Team Leader - Industrial and Commercial Projects, this role is responsible for providing administrative assistance to the Industrial and Commercial team, in particular assisting the Industrial and Commercial Estimators with receiving, vetting, assigning and updating applications.
- Vet connection application data is complete upon receipt. Where required, liaise with external parties to procure missing data if the application is deemed incomplete
- Triage, classify and assign Gas Connection Applications to Team members via the Works Management Application (Maximo)
- Focal point for all communication between the Victorian I&C Project Team and both Internal and External Stakeholders
- Manage data quality for Industrial and Commercial reporting by co-ordinating updates within the team
- Produce and issue standard reports
- Proven experience in an administrative function
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Outlook and Excel
- Ability to interpret site layout and architectural plans
- Must be able to work on their own initiative and effectively as part of a local and national team
- Strong interpersonal and written communication skills to create and maintain effective working relationships
About the Networks Team
We manage and operate the local transmission and distribution networks that deliver gas to around 1.4 million households and businesses across Australia.
This is an exciting time for the Networks team, we are growing and expanding with many new projects and have a strong culture of continuous improvement. We need people who are courageous, nimble and ready to make a positive impact.
Working at APA
APA is an equal opportunity employer. The safety and sustainability of our people, community and environment is our focus. We embrace diversity in our people to ensure our workforce is representative of the communities that we operate in.
APA provides you with access to targeted career development programs, competitive remuneration, employee benefits, work–life balance and wellbeing programs. APA also have an inclusive parental leave policy that supports all parents throughout their parenting journey.
Applicants must be eligible to work in Australia to be considered.
Sound like your kind of career?We’d love to hear from you.
Role closes Friday, 3 February, 2023. Ref 3352
PD is available on request by emailing email@example.com