Team Lead Major Maintenance
Job Type: Full time
APA is a leading Australian energy infrastructure business. We own and/or manage and operate a diverse, $21 billion portfolio of gas, electricity, solar and wind assets. Consistent with our purpose to strengthen communities through responsible energy, we deliver approximately half of the nation’s gas usage and connect Victoria with South Australia and New South Wales with Queensland through our investments in electricity transmission assets. We are also one of the largest owners and operators of renewable power generation assets in Australia, with wind and solar projects across the country. Our operations span every mainland state and territory in the country and we employ more than 1900 people.
Our vision is to be world class in energy solutions.
We now have an exciting opportunity available for a Team Lead Major Maintenance to join our Engineering and Planning team in Melbourne, Brisbane, Perth on a Permanent Full Time Basis.
Reporting to the Manager Facilities Engineering, you will play a key role in leading the Major Maintenance team to deliver major maintenance and facility shutdowns with a value add mind-set that drives operational excellence across APA facilities.
- Provide effective people leadership and management to the BU, driving effective communication and change leadership
- Lead a national team remotely and instil Engineering & Planning and Facilities Engineering Team strategic vision into their everyday tasks and responsibilities.
- Deliver optimised major maintenance plans including equipment overhauls and facility shutdowns/turn-arounds aligned to stakeholder, customer and market drivers and opportunities.
- Maintain and extend effective quality assurance systems and processes for major maintenance activities
- Develop and deliver optimised contractor and vendor management strategies for major maintenance to maximise quality, value and efficiency
- Tertiary qualification in Engineering admitting to corporate membership of the Institution of Engineers Australia, or equivalent experience (Required).
- Demonstrated experience delivering business improvement outcomes across maintenance, reliability and inspection of assets. (Essential)
- Demonstrated experience negotiating and managing large vendor/supplier contracts
- Extensive experience planning and delivering successful facility shutdowns and major equipment maintenance in an operating business.
- Detailed understanding of shutdown maintenance principles, value proposition and optimal delivery models.
Sound like your kind of career?We’d love to hear from you.
APA is an equal opportunity employer. The safety and sustainability of our people, community and environment is our focus. We embrace diversity in our people to ensure our workforce is representative of the communities that we operate in.
APA Group focuses to provide you with access to targeted career development programs, competitive remuneration, employee benefits, work–life balance and wellbeing programs.
Applicants must be eligible to work in Australia to be considered.
Role closes 2nd February 2023. Role Reference number 3314.
PD is available on request by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
Visit us on apa.com.au/careers