Procurement Lead - Power
Job Type: Full time
APA is a leading Australian energy infrastructure business. We own and/or manage and operate a diverse, $22 billion portfolio of gas, electricity, solar and wind assets.
Consistent with our purpose to strengthen communities through responsible energy, we deliver approximately half of the nation’s gas usage and connect Victoria with South Australia, Tasmania with Victoria and New South Wales with Queensland through our investments in electricity transmission assets.
We are also one of the largest owners and operators of renewable power generation assets in Australia, with wind and solar projects across the country. Our operations span every mainland state and territory in the country and we employ more than 2,200 people.
Our vision is to be world class in energy solutions.
Due to organic growth, a new position has been created to support APA’s growth strategy as we deliver reliable and affordable low emission energy solutions for our customers. The Role is in the Procurement team of our Infrastructure Development division that is responsible to deliver APA’s capital projects across the Country.
Reporting to the Manager Infrastructure Procurement, the Procurement Lead - Power will play a key role in an ongoing development of Power (conventional and renewable) supplier and subcontractor base and subsequently delivering project procurement for APA Power capital growth projects. This will be through subsequently leading and managing a small (up to 3) national team of procurement specialists. The role is considered a working lead, with hands on responsibility for delivering procurement packages as well as leading and directing a small team.
This is an exciting opportunity to join our Infrastructure Development team in Brisbane CBD office on a Permanent Full Time basis.
- Leading a national team of procurement specialists, assigning packages to direct reports
- Managing packages from preparation of the request for tender (RFT), through negotiation, governance and award of contracts
- Developing further the existing supplier and subcontractor base for APA power/renewable growth projects
- Leading development of sourcing strategies for Power Projects in Development stage
- Supporting Project Managers by providing functional and procurement services
- Delivering sourcing; negotiating variations, changes, claims, disputes, and amendments
- Providing input into the development and execution of strategies, policies, and procedures
- Identifying and managing procurement risks for projects
- Extensive Contracts & Procurement experience in capital project delivery
- Experience in the power/renewable project space (mandatory)
- Previous team leading experience highly regarded
- Excellent knowledge of power/renewables supply chains and subcontractor base
- Ability to establish meaningful Supplier relationships
- Recommend contracting/market engagement strategies for power/renewable projects in development.
- Proven strong negotiation skills
Sound like your kind of career? We’d love to hear from you.
APA is an equal opportunity employer. The safety and sustainability of our people, community and environment is our focus. We embrace diversity in our people to ensure our workforce is representative of the communities that we operate in.
When you join us on this journey to success, you will have access to targeted career development programs, competitive remuneration, employee benefits, work–life balance and wellbeing programs. We are proud to offer hybrid working arrangements for our office based roles.
Role closes on Wednesday 29 March at 8:00am. Role Reference number: 3841.
Applicants must be eligible to work in Australia to be considered.
APA Group is not accepting submissions from recruitment agencies for this role.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those under consideration will be contacted. Visit us on apa.com.au/careers