Business Improvement Specialist
Job Type: Full time
APA is a leading Australian energy infrastructure business. We own and/or manage and operate a diverse, $21 billion portfolio of gas, electricity, solar and wind assets. Consistent with our purpose to strengthen communities through responsible energy, we deliver approximately half of the nation’s gas usage and connect Victoria with South Australia and New South Wales with Queensland through our investments in electricity transmission assets. We are also one of the largest owners and operators of renewable power generation assets in Australia, with wind and solar projects across the country.
We employee more than 2000 people across Australia and know that they are the key to our success. We are committed to a diverse and inclusive culture, where all our people feel safe, valued, and trusted to do their best every day to deliver our vision to be world class in energy solutions.
We have an exciting opportunity available for a Business Improvement Specialist to join the Networks team in Thomastown VIC, Kidman Park SA, or Eagle Farm QLD on a Permanent fulltime basis.
Reporting to the EAM Business Support Manager, you will play a key role in providing Enterprise Asset Management support across APA.
- Work alongside Group IT for GIS enhancements and fixes
- Liaise with operational and networks services business units across APA to gather and refine requirements
- Support enhancements to business process and system including testing and communication to end users
- Answer queries and troubleshoot issues to resolve problems
- Process & procedures maintenance (including training material) and provide training as required
- Understanding of GIS suite
- Experience in the delivery of improved processes and workflows
- Ability to discuss requirements with stakeholders
- Skills to perform impact analysis on requested changes to requirements.
- Strong problem solving and excellent interpersonal skills
- Highly self-motivated and willing to accept additional responsibilities
- Ability to work under pressure, be fluid with tasks and meet deadlines with attention to detail
We manage and operate gas distribution networks that deliver gas to around 1.4 million households and businesses across Australia.
This is an exciting time for the Networks team, we are growing and expanding with many new projects and have a strong culture of continuous improvement. We need people who are courageous, nimble and ready to make a positive impact.
Working at APA
APA is an equal opportunity employer. The safety and sustainability of our people, community and environment is our focus. We embrace diversity in our people to ensure our workforce is representative of the communities that we operate in.
APA provides you with access to targeted career development programs, competitive remuneration, employee benefits, work–life balance and wellbeing programs. APA also have an inclusive parental leave policy that supports all parents throughout their parenting journey.
Applicants must be eligible to work in Australia to be considered.
Sound like your kind of career?We’d love to hear from you.
Role closes Friday, 31st March, 2023. Ref 3496.
PD is available on request by emailing email@example.com