Project Manager - Capital Delivery
Location: Eagle Farm
Job Type: Full time
APA is a leading Australian energy infrastructure business. We own and/or manage and operate a diverse, $21 billion portfolio of gas, electricity, solar and wind assets. Consistent with our purpose to strengthen communities through responsible energy, we deliver approximately half of the nation’s gas usage and connect Victoria with South Australia and New South Wales with Queensland through our investments in electricity transmission assets. We are also one of the largest owners and operators of renewable power generation assets in Australia, with wind and solar projects across the country.
We employee more than 2000 people across Australia and know that they are the key to our success. We are committed to a diverse and inclusive culture, where all our people feel safe, valued, and trusted to do their best every day to deliver our vision to be world class in energy solutions.
We now have an exciting opportunity available for a Project Manager - Capital Delivery to join our Networks team in Eagle Farm QLD on a Permanent Fulltime basis.
Reporting to the Manager, Capital Delivery, you will lead a team with the collective objective of delivering assigned capital projects safely, on time, to budget and in way that complies with internal and client requirements.
Key Responsibilities – 5 points
- Manage capital projects in a manner consistent with the APA Networks Project Management Methodology
- Provide leadership and direction to their internal and external project team for the successful delivery of the project and its benefits, for both APA and customers
- Prepare accurate project cost estimates and project schedules
- Deliver projects safely, targeting zero harm for APA and contractors.
- Continually drive improvements and pursue new business ideas which result in business benefits
- Tertiary Qualifications, Diploma/Certification in project management from recognised institute like PMI, PRINCE2 or AIPM etc.
- Strong utility project and operational management experience
- High quality record of delivering results, using operational efficiency and commercial acumen to effectively implement the business strategy
- Excellent leader who has skills to foster relationships with direct reports staff and business stakeholders
- Strategic thinker able to structure & prioritise a program of works including resourcing to optimise production & spend
About the Networks Team
We manage and operate the local transmission and distribution networks that deliver gas to around 1.4 million households and businesses across Australia.
This is an exciting time for the Networks team, we are growing and expanding with many new projects and have a strong culture of continuous improvement. We need people who are courageous, nimble and ready to make a positive impact.
Working at APA
APA is an equal opportunity employer. The safety and sustainability of our people, community and environment is our focus. We embrace diversity in our people to ensure our workforce is representative of the communities that we operate in.
APA provides you with access to targeted career development programs, competitive remuneration, employee benefits, work–life balance and wellbeing programs. APA also have an inclusive parental leave policy that supports all parents throughout their parenting journey.
Applicants must be eligible to work in Australia to be considered.
Sound like your kind of career?We’d love to hear from you.
Role closes Friday, 31 March, 2023 Ref 3824
PD is available on request by emailing email@example.com