Measurement Specialist Power
Job Type: Full time
APA is a leading Australian energy infrastructure business. We own and/or manage and operate a diverse, $22 billion portfolio of gas, electricity, solar and wind assets.
Consistent with our purpose to strengthen communities through responsible energy, we deliver approximately half of the nation’s gas usage and connect Victoria with South Australia, Tasmania with Victoria and New South Wales with Queensland through our investments in electricity transmission assets.
We are also one of the largest owners and operators of renewable power generation assets in Australia, with wind and solar projects across the country. Our operations span every mainland state and territory in the country and we employ more than 2,200 people.
Our vision is to be world class in energy solutions.
We now have an exciting opportunity available for a Power Metering Data Specialist to Join our Engineering and Planning team in Brisbane, Melbourne and Perth on a Permanent Full Time Basis.
Reporting to the Team Lead Measurement and Process Controls, you will play a key role in supporting power metering data systems for the growing suite of APA power assets.
- Collaborate with cross functional teams to develop electrical meter data business processes.
- Coordination of Metering Data Provider, meter coordinator and metering provider relationships
- Support for the implementation of data surveillance systems
- Provide guidance and support to multiple third party service providers and internal stakeholders
- Enable accurate and reliable electrical meter data acquisition
- Tertiary qualification and/or relevant work experience in related discipline such as engineering or metering environments.
- Extensive experience in power measurement related roles
- Proven collaboration and influencing skills with diverse internal and external stakeholders.
- Sound understanding of AEMO and associated electrical energy market operations
- Ability to design and implement strategy, manage change and establish process.
About the Team
The Measurement and Control Team is a integral part of the Engineering and planning team at APA. The team is responsible for the provision of accurate and reliable metering and controls data to the business. We have a diverse team that prides ourselves on strong relationship across all types of people. We have an opportunity for an enthusiastic professional with a great attention to detail to join our team.
Working at APA
APA is an equal opportunity employer. The safety and sustainability of our people, community and environment is our focus. We embrace diversity in our people to ensure our workforce is representative of the communities that we operate in.
APA provides you with access to targeted career development programs, competitive remuneration, employee benefits, work–life balance and wellbeing programs. APA also have an inclusive parental leave policy that supports all parents throughout their parenting journey.
Applicants must be eligible to work in Australia to be considered.
Sound like your kind of career?We’d love to hear from you.
Role closes Sunday 2nd of April 2023. Role Reference number 3864.
PD is available on request by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org