Community and Social Performance Principal
Job Type: Full time
- 15 Month Fixed Term Contract
- ASX Top 50 Leading Energy Infrastructure Company
- Brisbane, Melbourne or Sydney - Hybrid working Available
APA is a leading Australian energy infrastructure business. We own and/or manage and operate a diverse, $21 billion portfolio of gas, electricity, solar and wind assets. Consistent with our purpose to strengthen communities through responsible energy, we deliver approximately half of the nation’s gas usage and connect Victoria with South Australia and New South Wales with Queensland through our investments in electricity transmission assets. We are also one of the largest owners and operators of renewable power generation assets in Australia, with wind and solar projects across the country.
We employ more than 2000 people across Australia and know that they are the key to our success. We are committed to a diverse and inclusive culture, where all our people feel safe, valued, and trusted to do their best every day to deliver our vision to be world class in energy solutions.
We now have an exciting opportunity available for a Community and Social Performance Principal to join our Sustainability and Corporate Affairs team in either our Sydney, Melbourne or Brisbane office on a 15 month fixed term contract.
Reporting to the Manager Community and Social Performance, you will be required to lead, plan and implement APA’s Social Investment program whilst contributing to broader community and social performance initiatives.
- Adopting and leading implementation and continuous improvement of the Social Investment Program
- Planning and execution of corporate partnership agreements and implementation plans aligned to APA’s Sustainable Development (Social) Investment
- Building strong, productive relationships with key corporate partners and other related organisation’s Investment Program
- Design and delivery of a centralised reporting capability to measure impact and return on investment in line with the Business for Societal Impact Framework and platform
- Oversight of internal promotional activities that promote community partnerships as a key element of employee engagement
- Advise and support APA business groups with their management of local social investment arrangements – including adherence to policy, standards and reporting requirements
- Tertiary qualifications in a related discipline desired
- Knowledge, operations and corporate experience (minimum five years) in the areas of community, social performance and social investment, preferably gained in the infrastructure, mining, gas or other resources sector
- Experience managing corporate partnerships with for purpose organisations
- Knowledge and experience using the Business for Societal Impact framework or similar
- Ability to implement change management, process improvement and system optimisation strategies to deliver organisational performance and effectiveness
- Proven collaboration skills with both diverse internal and external stakeholders
The newly created Sustainability and Corporate Affairs division manages relationships with key external stakeholders, including media, economic regulators, governments and the broader community.
The division also supports the business by providing strategic communications, branding, social media and digital support.
Sound like your kind of career? We’d love to hear from you.
APA is an equal opportunity employer. The safety and sustainability of our people, community and environment is our focus. We embrace diversity in our people to ensure our workforce is representative of the communities that we operate in.
When you join us on this journey to success, you will have access to targeted career development programs, competitive remuneration, employee benefits, work–life balance and wellbeing programs. We are proud to offer hybrid working arrangements for our office-based roles.
Role closes 2 June 2023
Role Reference number 4225
Applicants must be eligible to work in Australia to be considered.
PD is available on request by emailing email@example.com