Government & Industry Relations Specialist
Job Type: Full time
- Permanent Position
- ASX Top 50 Leading Energy Infrastructure Company
- Sydney – Hybrid working available
APA is a leading Australian energy infrastructure business. We own and/or manage and operate a diverse, $22 billion portfolio of gas, electricity, solar and wind assets. Consistent with our purpose to strengthen communities through responsible energy, we deliver approximately half of the nation’s gas usage and connect Victoria with South Australia, Tasmania with Victoria and New South Wales with Queensland through our investments in electricity transmission assets. We are also one of the largest owners and operators of renewable power generation assets in Australia, with wind and solar projects across the country.
We employ more than 2,200 people across Australia and know that they are the key to our success. We are committed to a diverse and inclusive culture, where all our people feel safe, valued, and trusted to do their best every day.
We now have an exciting opportunity available for a Government & Industry Relations Specialist to join our Corporate Affairs and Sustainability team in our Sydney or office on a Permanent basis.
Reporting to the General Manager, Government & Industry Relations, you will be responsible for providing stakeholder management advice in addition to operational and logistics support the Government & Industry Relations team to ensure the team’s effectiveness.
- Supports implementation of the Government & Industry Relations strategy
- Maintains stakeholder management systems with records of engagement activity in conjunction with Government & Industry Relations Managers
- Monitors relevant policy and political landscape and provide briefings for team members to keep them informed
- Provides advice on frequency and method of stakeholder engagement across operations
- Co-ordinates stakeholder engagement activity with government and industry stakeholders
- Provide research assistance to the Government & Industry Relations team for example, searching Parliamentary Hansard and media for commentary on relevant issues
- Assists with the preparation of presentation and briefing materials for the Government & Industry Relations team
- University degree or equivalent research-based public policy qualification or experience preferred
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience in a dynamic and fast paced team environment, in public, private or not-for-profit sector
- Experience and confidence in liaising with diverse stakeholders
- Extensive knowledge and experience of working with database management systems
- Highly developed organisational skills and discipline
The newly created Sustainability and Corporate Affairs division manages relationships with key external stakeholders, including media, economic regulators, governments and the broader community.
The division also supports the business by providing strategic communications, branding, social media and digital support.
Sound like your kind of career? We’d love to hear from you.
APA is an equal opportunity employer. The safety and sustainability of our people, community and environment is our focus. We embrace diversity in our people to ensure our workforce is representative of the communities that we operate in.
When you join us on this journey to success, you will have access to targeted career development programs, competitive remuneration, employee benefits, work–life balance and wellbeing programs. We are proud to offer hybrid working arrangements for our office-based roles.
Role closes Friday 2 June 2023
Role Reference number 4174
Applicants must be eligible to work in Australia to be considered.
PD is available on request by emailing email@example.com
Visit us on apa.com.au/careers