Senior Operations Secure Energy Specialist
Job Type: Full time
APA is a leading Australian energy infrastructure business. We own and/or manage and operate a diverse, $21 billion portfolio of gas, electricity, solar and wind assets. Consistent with our purpose to strengthen communities through responsible energy, we deliver approximately half of the nation’s gas usage and connect Victoria with South Australia and New South Wales with Queensland through our investments in electricity transmission assets. We are also one of the largest owners and operators of renewable power generation assets in Australia, with wind and solar projects across the country.
We employee more than 2000 people across Australia and know that they are the key to our success. We are committed to a diverse and inclusive culture, where all our people feel safe, valued, and trusted to do their best every day to deliver our vision to be world class in energy solutions.
We now have an exciting opportunity available for a Senior Operations Secure Energy Specialist to join our O&M Capability team in Sydney, Melbourne, Adelaide, and Brisbane on a fixed term basis for 2 years.
Reporting to the Team Leader Operations Secure Energy you will be part of the Operations and Maintenance division of APA and will support the governance, delivery, and ongoing management of a security and natural hazards program in accordance with security of critical infrastructure requirements.
The location for this role is flexible and hybrid; we will consider locations all over Australia and/or home office. We will also consider job share arrangements.
- Support assurance activities, including controls testing, risk verification and tracking, and process analysis.
- Leading and implementing operational risk management activities and services that support the development, governance, and maintenance of the Operations Emergency Management System (OEMS) and the Physical Security and Natural Hazards (PSNH) Risk Management Program (RMP).
- Interface with teams across the APA business on the development and delivery of Governance and Risk systems, processes and related documentation.
- Support continuous improvement and risk treatment projects for the OEMS/PSNH RMP
- Conduct tests and exercises, as appropriate, to ensure active PSNH measures are effective and appropriate to detect, delay, deter, respond to, and recover from breaches of security and natural hazard events.
- Actively embed and communicate OEMS/PSNH risk management approach through various means including, but not limited to the development of technical documentation, Operations procedures, discussions, training, mentoring, and hands on experiences for others.
- Formal qualifications or bachelor’s degree in security studies, risk management, project management or a related field
- Extensive experience with construction, operation, and maintenance of energy industry assets or 7 + years’ experience in a protective security profile or equivalent (physical security, personnel security, operational risk)
- Understanding of applicable regulations and industry protective security standards such as Security of Critical Infrastructure (SoCI) Act 2018
- Project Management – Understanding of essential elements of project management.
- Knowledge of Emergency Management Systems and associated processes.
- Knowledge of relevant Regulations, Codes, Licenses and Acts, applicable to energy assets.
- Experience in leading assurance and governance activities.
About the Team
Security underpins everything we do at APA and is all about keeping our people, communities and assets safe from risks that may impact our ability to deliver essential energy to millions of Australians. It is the capability of our people in our Operations Secure Energy team that make this happen.
To help APA power ahead, the Operations Secure Energy team is focused on protecting against and mitigating threats related to the physical environment through the management of risk and actionable insight. The team ensures that APA's business operations are secure and compliant with legal and regulatory requirements, enabling APA to deliver world class energy solutions.
This is an exciting time for the team, we need people who are courageous, nimble, and ready to make an impact – change makers and risk takers.
Working at APA
APA is an equal opportunity employer. The safety and sustainability of our people, community and environment is our focus. We embrace diversity in our people to ensure our workforce is representative of the communities that we operate in.
APA provides you with access to targeted career development programs, competitive remuneration, employee benefits, work–life balance and wellbeing programs. APA also have an inclusive parental leave policy that supports all parents throughout their parenting journey.
Applicants must be eligible to work in Australia to be considered.
Sound like your kind of career? We’d love to hear from you.
Role closes Sunday 4th June 2023. Role Reference number 4258.
PD is available on request by emailing email@example.com quoting reference number above.