Job Type: Full time
APA is a leading Australian energy infrastructure business. We own and/or manage and operate a diverse, $21 billion portfolio of gas, electricity, solar and wind assets. Consistent with our purpose to strengthen communities through responsible energy, we deliver approximately half of the nation’s gas usage and connect Victoria with South Australia and New South Wales with Queensland through our investments in electricity transmission assets.
We employ more than 2,200 people across Australia and know that they are the key to our success. We are committed to a diverse and inclusive culture, where all our people feel safe, valued, and trusted to do their best every day.
Our vision is to be world class in energy solutions.
We now have an exciting opportunity available for a Scheduling Analyst to join us in our Networks Planning and Scheduling Team in Thomastown, Victoria on a fixed term basis for 8 months.
Reporting to the Manager Scheduling and Dispatch you will play a key role in leading a newly formed team to deliver an integral part of our operations and will be crucial in making sure all open work orders are planned in line with business requirements.
- Ensure the production of an optimally efficient schedule of work by continually reviewing field resources (crews & equipment) availability and utilisation against expected demand
- Use the automated optimisation capabilities of the scheduling system for the majority of work order scheduling and fine tune the result as needed
- Review and adjust schedules created by the works scheduling solution to identify efficiency improvements
- Analysis of system scheduling decisions and data integrity to identify errors, exceptions and irregularities and being able to recommend or implement actions to rectify
- Work in conjunction with the Capacity Planning team to implement scheduling policies should demand significantly change
- Communicate factors and variables which influence schedule generation to the stakeholders.
- Liaise with upstream system and process owners to identify and improve data quality
- Significant experience in analytics and schedule management in service maintenance, preferably in the gas or utilities industry
- Tertiary qualifications in engineering, economics, commerce, statistics or other quantitative discipline
- Formal Scheduling and/or Planning Advanced Trade or Post Graduate qualification an advantage
- Detailed knowledge of statistical analysis techniques or experience in route optimisation systems, preferably in field service applications
- Experience of Click software or Salesforce products would be an advantage
- Knowledge of gas maintenance operations desirable
About the Team
The Planning and Scheduling Team is just coming out of a period of significant change with a new team structure and the implementation of new software to manage the critical work we do in the Networks business. This is an exciting time as we learn how to extract the most value from the new technology and build a team culture to support each other and the operations business.
Based across 3 states and 3 main teams you will have the chance to both specialise in Planning and Scheduling and generalise across the Networks business. There are lots of opportunities to learn and develop whilst making a real difference for your colleagues and a direct impact of the success of the business. This is an exciting time for the team, we need people who are courageous, nimble, and ready to make their mark – change makers and leaders.
Working at APA
APA is an equal opportunity employer. The safety and sustainability of our people, community and environment is our focus. We embrace diversity in our people to ensure our workforce is representative of the communities that we operate in.
APA provides you with access to targeted career development programs, competitive remuneration, employee benefits, and work–life balance and wellbeing programs. APA also have an inclusive parental leave policy that supports all parents throughout their parenting journey.
Applicants must be eligible to work in Australia to be considered.
Sound like your kind of career? We’d love to hear from you.
Role closes Tuesday, 6 June 2023. Role Reference number 4081
PD is available on request by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org quoting reference number above