Job Type: Full time
APA is a leading Australian energy infrastructure business. We own and/or manage and operate a diverse, $22 billion portfolio of gas, electricity, solar and wind assets. Consistent with our purpose to strengthen communities through responsible energy, we deliver approximately half of the nation’s gas usage and connect Victoria with South Australia, Tasmania with Victoria and New South Wales with Queensland through our investments in electricity transmission assets. We are also one of the largest owners and operators of renewable power generation assets in Australia, with wind and solar projects across the country.
We employ more than 2,200 people across Australia and know that they are the key to our success. We are committed to a diverse and inclusive culture, where all our people feel safe, valued, and trusted to do their best every day.
Due to an internal promotion, we now have an exciting opportunity available for a SCADA Engineer to join us in our Operational Technology Systems team in Brisbane on a full time basis.
As the technology systems asset owner and Subject Matter Experts (SMEs) we provide oversight, manage and uplift of our Operational Technology Systems, Cybersecurity and Services.
Reporting to the Operational Technology (OT) Systems Manager, you will provide SCADA operational, engineering and support services to the OT business function and support OT projects and BAU activities on the operation and integration of assets into APA’s OT Operations, Systems, Service and Security Management.
This includes national OT upgrade projects, SCADA configuration of growth and Stay In Business (SIB) projects, OT supplier project coordination and OT support to the APA Control Rooms and other internal or external customers.
- Provide support to Senior SCADA Engineers/Specialists on BAU operational practices.
- Service management, change management, etc
- Provide applications software support of various OT systems such as VersionDog, AlarmPT, OnlineSim, SCADA, PLC/RTU Engineering Applications, etc., including liaising with external vendors for third-party support and services.
- Fault finding of OT operations issues and timely resolution
- Programming and configuration of SCADA system and servers
- SCADA on-call duty/support, if required.
- Compose, review, comment and approve changes to the OT systems.
- Raise, respond and resolve incident and service request tickets for work around the OT systems.
- Maintain the CMDB CI database for OT systems to maintain visibility of the current state of OT assets.
- Assist in delivering cyber security activities to reduce the operational risk to OT systems.
- Tertiary qualification in Electrical, Electronics, Control Systems, Industrial Automation or Computer Systems Engineering.
- Experience working in control systems / OT environment with elements, such as PLC, RTU and SCADA.
- Experience in Programming and configuration of GeoSCADA systems and servers
- Understanding of gas transmission, LNG, chemical processing, power generation, utilities or associated industries would be an advantage
- Knowledge and experience on different PLCs/RTUs application software (desirable)
- Knowledge and experience on control systems / power automation systems in electricity generation, transmission or distribution (desirable).
About the Team
Technology underpins everything we do at APA from helping connect millions of Australians to essential energy sources every day to achieving our net zero ambition - and the capability for our people to make this happen.
To help APA power ahead, the Technology teams is focused on enhancing APAs technology offering, providing innovative and progressive technology - enabling APA to be world class in energy solutions.
This is an exciting time for the team, We need people who are courageous, nimble, and ready to make an impact – change makers and risk takers.
Working at APA
APA is an equal opportunity employer. The safety and sustainability of our people, community and environment is our focus. We embrace diversity in our people to ensure our workforce is representative of the communities that we operate in.
APA provides you with access to targeted career development programs, competitive remuneration, employee benefits, work–life balance and wellbeing programs. APA also have an inclusive parental leave policy that supports all parents throughout their parenting journey.
Applicants must be eligible to work in Australia to be considered.
Sound like your kind of career? We’d love to hear from you.
Role closes Thursday 31 August 2023. Role Reference number 4076
PD is available on request by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org quoting reference number above