Location: New South Wales
Job Type: Full time
APA is a leading Australian energy infrastructure business. We own and/or manage and operate a diverse, $22 billion portfolio of gas, electricity, solar and wind assets. Consistent with our purpose to strengthen communities through responsible energy, we deliver approximately half of the nation’s gas usage and connect Victoria with South Australia, Tasmania with Victoria and New South Wales with Queensland through our investments in electricity transmission assets. We are also one of the largest owners and operators of renewable power generation assets in Australia, with wind and solar projects across the country.
We employ more than 2,200 people across Australia and know that they are the key to our success. We are committed to a diverse and inclusive culture, where all our people feel safe, valued, and trusted to do their best every day.
We now have an exciting opportunity available for a Construction Supervisor to join our Engineering and Planning team in New South Wales or Queensland on a 15 Month Fixed Term Contract.
Reporting to the Team Project Lead, you will play a key role in being responsible and accountable for successful delivery of the project site works.
- Support the Project Manager and Engineers in planning and implementing site establishment.
- Issuing Daily Reports and Meetings of Minutes
- Manage a multi-disciplinary inspection team to ensure all construction activities have adequate monitoring to ensure quality assurance.
- Communicate and engage with stakeholders to ensure the project approach is understood and milestones are met.
- Manage construction, commissioning and site close out activities for works on Pipeline, Electrical Energy and Regulated facilities.
- Experience in the oil, gas, petrochemical industries and/or electrical industries
- APA PIO Training (preferred)
- Trades Certificate (preferred)
- First-hand experience in on-site pipeline and/or electrical construction activities
- A working knowledge of the latest codes in particular the AS2885, AS4041, ASME B31.3 and AS3000 suite of standards. (Highly Advantageous)
About the Team
Operating APA’s energy infrastructure requires technical solutions and sustainable operating decisions everyday. To support operations, APA invests in a program of “stay-in-business” capital works as part of each asset’s lifecycle plan. The Infrastructure Projects team builds physical projects that reduce risks, reduce costs and improve the operability of APA’s assets.
Infrastructure Projects is a multi-discipline design and delivery team, covering engineering and project management. The team delivers projects across APA’s asset base from natural gas transmission, power generation, renewables and electricity transmission. These projects ensure APA’s assets keep up with expectations of customers, the community and APA’s vision to be world class.
Working at APA
APA is an equal opportunity employer. The safety and sustainability of our people, community and environment is our focus. We embrace diversity in our people to ensure our workforce is representative of the communities that we operate in.
APA provides you with access to targeted career development programs, competitive remuneration, employee benefits, work–life balance and wellbeing programs. APA also have an inclusive parental leave policy that supports all parents throughout their parenting journey.
Applicants must be eligible to work in Australia to be considered.
Sound like your kind of career? We’d love to hear from you.
Role closes Sunday 11th June 2023. Role Reference number 4281.
PD is available on request by emailing email@example.com quoting reference number above