Senior Project Manager
Job Type: Full time
APA is a leading Australian energy infrastructure business. We own and/or manage and operate a diverse, $22 billion portfolio of gas, electricity, solar and wind assets. Consistent with our purpose to strengthen communities through responsible energy, we deliver approximately half of the nation’s gas usage and connect Victoria with South Australia, Tasmania with Victoria and New South Wales with Queensland through our investments in electricity transmission assets. We are also one of the largest owners and operators of renewable power generation assets in Australia, with wind and solar projects across the country.
We employ more than 2,200 people across Australia and know that they are the key to our success. We are committed to a diverse and inclusive culture, where all our people feel safe, valued, and trusted to do their best every day.
We now have an exciting opportunity available for a Senior Project Manager to join our Transformation and Technology team in Brisbane or Adelaide office on a Permanent Full-Time basis.
Reporting to the Project Management Lead, you will play a key role in successfully managing and delivering the B&T project(s), ensuring project(s) are delivered to agreed scope, schedule and within budget, delivering the outcomes to quality requirements, applicable standards whilst complying with APA processes and procedures.
The location for this role is flexible and hybrid; we will consider locations all over Australia and/or home office. We will also consider job share arrangements.
- Leading and guiding a project team (10-15 indirect reports)
- Being accountable for meeting project milestones, objectives and deliverables within agreed timeframes and budgets
- Developing, maintaining and delivering fit-for-purpose project management plans and progress reporting, ensuring the appropriate alignment and allocation of resources.
- Effectively identifying, engaging, influencing and negotiating with key project stakeholders, internal and external including vendors, to achieve project outcomes and benefits
- Working closely with the project sponsors and owners to ensure the project delivers the right outcomes to meet business requirements
- Monitoring project actuals, forecasts, and benefits against budget allocation
- Effectively managing the risks associated with the delivery of complex projects through the preparation of detailed mitigation strategies and contingency plans, regular monitoring and control of activities and escalate where necessary
- Ensuring the project is aligned in design and delivery to wider business unit plans
- Tertiary qualifications in IT and/or Business (bachelor's degree in appropriate field of study)
- Project Management Qualifications/ Certification and significant delivery experience covering both Agile and traditional project delivery methodologies/frameworks (e.g., Scrum, Kanban, PMBOK, PRINCE2)
- Extensive and continuous experience in project management with recent proven experience in the role of Senior Project Manager
- Demonstrated experience in leading project teams on large, complex projects (leadership and team management)
- Extensive experience using project management tools, lifecycles and methodologies
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate effectively across the organisation and externally by building and developing relationships based on trust, integrity, and credibility
- Demonstrated analytical and complex problem-solving, and decision-making skills
About the Team
Technology underpins everything we do at APA from helping connect millions of Australians to essential energy sources every day to achieving our net zero ambition - and the capability for our people to make this happen.
To help APA power ahead, the Technology teams is focused on enhancing APAs technology offering, providing innovative and progressive technology - enabling APA to be world class in energy solutions.
This is an exciting time for the team, we need people who are courageous, nimble, and ready to make an impact – change makers and risk takers.
Working at APA
APA is an equal opportunity employer. The safety and sustainability of our people, community and environment is our focus. We embrace diversity in our people to ensure our workforce is representative of the communities that we operate in.
APA provides you with access to targeted career development programs, competitive remuneration, employee benefits, work–life balance and wellbeing programs. APA also have an inclusive parental leave policy that supports all parents throughout their parenting journey.
Applicants must be eligible to work in Australia to be considered.
Sound like your kind of career? We’d love to hear from you.
Role closes Sunday 11th June 2023 at 9pm. Role Reference number 3756
PD is available on request by emailing email@example.com quoting reference number above