Job Type: Full time
APA is a leading Australian energy infrastructure business. We own and/or manage and operate a diverse, $22 billion portfolio of gas, electricity, solar and wind assets. Consistent with our purpose to strengthen communities through responsible energy, we deliver approximately half of the nation’s gas usage and connect Victoria with South Australia, Tasmania with Victoria and New South Wales with Queensland through our investments in electricity transmission assets. We are also one of the largest owners and operators of renewable power generation assets in Australia, with wind and solar projects across the country.
We employ more than 2,200 people across Australia and know that they are the key to our success. We are committed to a diverse and inclusive culture, where all our people feel safe, valued, and trusted to do their best every day.
We now have an exciting opportunity available for a Project Scheduler/Cost Controller to join our Infrastructure Projects team in Brisbane, QLD on a fixed term 12 month basis (potential extension).
Reporting to the Team Leader Project Controls, you will play a key role in providing end to end project and business support for all BUs within the ID Division and ID systems and processes, to ensure ID’s clients receive the highest level of delivery and support possible from the Division.
- Support the internal customers with project scheduling and analysis services
- Deliver end to end project schedules in line with adopted APA methodologies
- Ensuring project schedules are kept up to date to allow for accurate reporting
- Responsible for the delivery of project governance reporting
- Assist with the development and deployment of new processes, procedures and systems to support the project controls function in ID
- Manage ID stakeholder relationships to ensure optimal result for the ID business
- Experience in project scheduler position and/or cost controller position
- Ability to communicate with all levels of management and teams to elicit relevant information for project scheduling
- Ability to contribute to continuous improvement of project controls processes and systems
- Expert in cost-loading / profiling, EVM, EOT analysis and schedule compression techniques
- Energy industry or engineering/construction project experience
- Advanced working knowledge of Primavera P6, Microsoft Office products, specifically Excel
- Advanced understanding/knowledge of project execution processes/work flow, cost control, schedule baseline development and maintenance, progress measurement and project management reporting systems
- Working knowledge of Microsoft SharePoint, Prism is advantageous
About the Team
Due to internal growth there is now an exciting opportunity for a Project Controls Specialist to join the Moomba-Wilton SCC Integrity project team and be part of this ongoing project.
This rare opening offers a unique chance to work alongside a dedicated project team and collaborate with stakeholders across the company in delivering this critical project. With a flexible work arrangement, you'll be based in one of APA's offices in Brisbane CBD, allowing you to utilise your skills and expertise in a dynamic environment.
Working at APA
APA is an equal opportunity employer. The safety and sustainability of our people, community and environment is our focus. We embrace diversity in our people to ensure our workforce is representative of the communities that we operate in.
APA provides you with access to targeted career development programs, competitive remuneration, employee benefits, and work–life balance and wellbeing programs. APA also have an inclusive parental leave policy that supports all parents throughout their parenting journey.
Applicants must be eligible to work in Australia to be considered.
Sound like your kind of career? We’d love to hear from you.
Role closes Monday, 25 September 2023. Role Reference number 4928
PD is available on request by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org quoting reference number above