Job Type: Not Specified
- Salary + super + incentive scheme + employee benefits
- Brisbane, Australia
- Flexible working arrangements
Arrow Energy (“Arrow”) is an integrated coal seam gas (CSG) company, which develops gas fields, produces and sells CSG, and generates electricity. We have safely and sustainably developed CSG since 2000 and supplied it commercially since 2004 – for both industrial use and power generation in Queensland, and for power generation in the east coast gas market.
Our vision is to be the most competitive and respected developer of unconventional gas value chains in Australia.
Today, Arrow owns and operates Braemar 2, a 450-megawatt gas-fired power station south-west of Dalby and is developing the Surat Gas Project in western Queensland. Sanctioned in 2020, the Surat Gas Project’s first phase comprises more than 600 coal seam gas wells and will bring 5 trillion cubic feet of gas to market over 27 years.
Arrow is an incorporated joint venture owned by two of the world’s largest energy companies, Shell and PetroChina.
At Arrow, safety is our highest priority and our values – respect, lead, own, solve and integrate – underpin everything we do.
We are proud to be a Work 180 Endorsed Employer for all Women. At Arrow, everyone belongs. We have a high performance culture that celebrates diversity and inclusivity, as one of our key foundations. We believe that enabling people to bring their whole selves to work creates a thriving and successful culture.
You will be Rewarded
We recruit talented and motivated people who are passionate about contributing to our journey.
Your appointment will be met with ongoing training and development opportunities, to ensure your greatest potential is realised.
- An attractive remuneration package
- Annual incentive scheme based on company & individual performance
- Flexible working arrangements – combine work from anywhere and the office with flexible start and finish times
- Work180 Endorsed Employer for Women
- Ongoing learning and professional development opportunities
- Indigenous support network, ‘Bundagadan’, offering mentoring, workshops and coaching opportunities
- Employee Benefits Program - $3000 per year to cover insurances/electricity rebates
- Novated leasing, corporate discount programs, lifestyle benefit, specialist health care service access, annual flu shot & skin check and Employee Assistance Program
- Gender neutral leave policies, including paid primary and secondary carers’ leave
- Option to purchase additional annual leave
- Bonus 5 days annual leave awarded at 5 year anniversary
We have a high performance culture that embraces diversity and rewards quality work.
To meet our growing demands, we are looking for a Well Engineer to join our team.
Reporting to the Well Engineer Team Lead, the purpose of this position is to ensure that relevant CWI projects in their basin are executed as per Arrow’s Well Delivery Process to deliver wells that meet customer requirements as per the Arrow work plan and budget.
This is a Brisbane based position and will require occasional travel to our field operations as required, with plenty of notice.
In addition you will:
- Demonstrate a personal commitment to consistently role model Arrow’s values, code of conduct, safety and the environment.
- Establish positive and productive working relationships with key stakeholders.
- Model inclusive behaviours to create a safe environment where different views and perspectives are encouraged and valued.
- Support well operations by providing quality engineering program, QA/QC reports, cost tracking and prepare Management of Change (MoC) for relevant operation.
- Integrate and support customer expectations, engineering design and operational execution.
- Create effective well-delivery KPI’s that promote excellent performance.
- Ensure compliance with Arrow's Well Delivery Process.
- Support pre and post award contract management for operational and tactical contracts.
You will demonstrate excellent interpersonal and communication skills along with the ability to contribute to a high performing-team with a second-to-none focus on safety and integrity.
To be considered for this role, you should have:
- University Degree in Petroleum, Mechanical, Chemical Engineering or equivalent. (RPEQ would be ideal)
- Proven experience in Engineering FEED and Operations (completions/well interventions/P&A). Relevant Drilling experience would be ideal.
- Experience in tubing design, cementing techniques, CBL interpretations, rig equipment, live workovers and fishing recovery.
- Proficient with torque & drag in WELLPLAN and good understanding of COMPASS.
- Familiar with industry standards and code of practices.
- Experience in developing contracting and procurement strategies, managing execution of contracts and contract performance management.
- Demonstrated history of continuous improvements in business performance.
- Excellent communication and influencing skills.
- Strong negotiating and contractor relations skills.
- Dedicated team player with ability to multi-task and recognise priority.
- Technical writing and coordinating skills with external bodies.
- Experience in planning, coordinating and organising of complex projects with multiple stakeholders.