Logistics Engineers - Multiple Positions
Location: SA, Adelaide
Job Type: Full time
ASC is Australia’s sovereign submarine enterprise. Our team of leading submarine trades and professionals are committed to the delivery of an agile and potent submarine capability to the Royal Australian Navy, now and into the future.
About the Opportunity:
The Collins Class Submarine (CCSM) program is surging its Engineering capability in preparation for the assets Life of Type Extensions (LOTE). The Program extension means ASC will now be supporting the CCSM out to 2048. ASC has a responsibility in ensuring these complex NAVY assets reach their extension safely and reliably, providing our NAVY the necessary capability and availability to achieve their objectives.
ASC Asset Management focuses on maximising the long-term value of the CCSM Platform System. Value based decisions are reliant on sound Logistic Engineering achieved through both qualitative and quantitative analysis and proposals. This analysis helps set the prioritisation of issues solution identification, design and execution.
ASC has a strong focus on people and career path development, with line of sight performance objectives reaching back into ASC corporate strategies. Not only does Logistic Engineering have strong growth opportunities it has the long-term reward of realising your works value in the monitoring of solutions effectiveness post CCSM implementation. Generating the closed loop logistic system approach necessary to achieve optimised Asset Management outcomes.
We are looking for individuals with drive and passion for continuous asset management improvements and platform availability gains. To achieve this we need your expertise in analysing performance data to identify opportunities and strategies for improvements in system reliability, platform availability and component maintainability (RAM).
You will use supporting processes such as Failure Mode, Effects and Criticality Analysis (FMECA), Reliability Centred Maintenance (RCM) analysis and Level of Repair Analysis (LORA) to assist in the pursuit of improvement. Your experience and expertise will shape our maintenance, warehousing and sparing requirements, all in an effort to drive supportability and sustainability gains into our business.
The team will draw upon your initiative and creativity in coming up with solutions to obsolescence problems faced by the platform and will value your input into our overall capability growth journey.
- Experience in conducting engineering analysis and/or data visualisation, modelling and manipulation.
- Strong ability to work through complex problems in a logical and ordered fashion.
- Experience with RAM, FMECA, LORA, RCM and Condition Based Maintenance (CBM).
- An understanding of project management scope, schedule, cost and risk.
- Educational qualifications satisfying membership of the institution of Engineers Australia.
- Eligibility to hold an Australian Defence Security Clearance.
- The ability to effectively work in a team.
- Sound written and oral communication skills.
- A Degree qualification in Engineering, or higher (Mechanical, Electrical, Maintenance, Reliability, Logistics, etc.) or an equivalent Graduate Diploma (Maintenance & Reliability Engineering) with appropriate industry experience.
About our offer
Secure and long term career prospects and exciting career opportunities
- Staff training and leadership development programs
- Additional 2 weeks of leave
- Paid parental leave
- Salary sacrificing options
- Paid defence reservist leave
- Flexible working arrangements
- Onsite cafeteria & parking
- Access to our onsite gym and wellbeing programs
- Annual flu vaccinations and onsite health centre
ASC recognises that we are strengthened by diversity, and we are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to provide a work environment where everyone is included, treated fairly and with respect.
ASC has proudly served as Australia’s sovereign submarine builder and sustainer for over 35 years. We are an integral part of Australia’s maritime strategy and national security, and a trusted partner with sovereign design, build and sustainment capabilities.
Early applications are encouraged as shortlisting may commence immediately.
Click APPLY NOW to come on board!