Control Systems Engineers / Software Engineers - Multiple Positions
Location: SA, Adelaide
Job Type: Full time
ASC is Australia’s sovereign submarine company and what we do matters. Our team is committed to delivering Collins Class submarine sustainment that provides an agile and potent capability for the Royal Australian Navy.
About the opportunity
The position deals with a variety of different products and systems that are maintained by ASC and external agencies. The products/systems are a combination of real time control systems, PLC, simulation systems and standalone applications.
We are growing and as a result have a number of opportunities available for Control Systems Engineers, Software Engineers or Electrical Engineers with software systems experience.
- Provide technical support across customised in-house systems and software solutions.
- An integral part of this role will also include working through all the phases of the software development lifecycle, including requirements, design and verification / validation.
- Work within a multi-disciplined team of systems, electrical and software engineers.
- You will be responsible for designing modifications to systems, management of system interfaces and testing of real time and/or application software within a systems engineering framework.
- Produce and review technical documentation and reports on software systems managed by ASC.
Skills & Experiences
- Tertiary qualifications in Computer Systems Engineering, Software Engineering (or equivalent), Electrical Engineering.
- Proven ability to analyse requirements, design software functionality based on the analysis and develop verification/validation procedures to test the requirements.
- Demonstrated experience and participation in all phases of the software development cycle.
- The ability to investigate software issues and perform remediate actions.
- The ability to liaise and communicate effectively with external parties.
- Exposure in producing and review technical documentation and reports on software systems.
This role requires a current National Police Clearance, an Australian Defence Security Clearance and an ability to access protected US defence technology. Your eligibility for this role is dependent on you obtaining and maintaining such clearances and approvals. Whilst ASC will accept all applications for this role, as this role requires an ability to access protected US defence technology, applicants holding nationality of certain foreign countries will not be eligible.
To check your eligibility please visit the Australian Government Security Vetting Agency website.
About our offer
- Secure and long term career prospects and exciting career opportunities
- Staff training and leadership development programs
- Additional 2 weeks of leave
- Paid parental leave
- Salary sacrificing options
- Paid defence reservist leave
- Flexible working arrangements
- Onsite cafeteria & parking
- Access to our onsite gym and wellbeing programs
- Annual flu vaccinations and onsite health centre
ASC recognises that we are strengthened by diversity, and we are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to provide a work environment where everyone is included, treated fairly and with respect.
ASC has proudly served as Australia’s sovereign submarine builder and sustainer for over 35 years. We are an integral part of Australia’s maritime strategy and national security, and a trusted partner with sovereign design, build and sustainment capabilities.
Early applications are encouraged as shortlisting may commence immediately.
Click APPLY NOW to come on board!