ASC National Engineering Graduate and Undergraduate Program
Location: SA or Henderson, Adelaide, Western Australia
Job Type: Contract/temp
Want to secure an exciting Graduate or Undergraduate role?
Have you ever considered a career in the Defence Industry?
Well, now is the time to take the plunge! Propel yourself into a career with ASC who has served as Australia’s sovereign submarine builder and sustainer for over 35 years. We are commencing new, exciting programs that will support the future of the Collins Class fleet into the 2040s. So come join us, and discover your passion in depth!
ASC’s Graduate Program is a structured 2-year program, rotating our graduates through a number of specialist areas across the business in South Australia and Western Australia allowing you to understand submarines, inside and out. Following successful completion of the program, you will continue your career within your preferred specialist department. Interviewing will begin in March and April. We have both a 2023 mid-year intake and January 2024 intake available for you to start.
ASC’s Undergraduate Program is a comprehensive three-month program to fulfil the placement requirements of your degree. It will be offered during the summer break from Nov - Feb.
What the ASC Graduate/Undergraduate Program will offer:
- On-the-job training engaged as part of the team
- Work on challenging and interesting projects
- Be paid a competitive salary package
- Additional 10 days of leave per year (6 weeks total) *
- Offsite training and development days
- Access to cutting-edge team of specialists and expert leadership
- A coaching and mentoring program – learn from the best!
- Flexible working conditions and a work life balance
- Access to our onsite gym, cafeteria and wellbeing programs
You will have strong communication and interpersonal skills along with a logical approach to problem solving. Your strong conceptual ability and well developed technical analysis skills will enable you to apply the appropriate tools, systems and methodology within a practical engineering setting. We are on the lookout for our next team of Engineering Graduates who have completed or are due to complete their qualification in 2023 within one of the following disciplines or equivalent:
- Software - Computer Systems/Software Engineering, Computer Scientist
- Electrical - Electrical Engineering, Electronic Engineering, Mechatronic Engineering
- Mechanical - Mechanical Engineering, Mechatronic Engineering
- Structural - Naval Architect, Civil Engineering, Aeronautical Engineering
- Materials/Corrosion - Mechanical Engineering, Process Engineering, Chemical Engineering with laboratory experience
Undergraduates need to be in their penultimate (3rd) year of one of the above listed disciplines.
The successful candidate must provide a current National Police Clearance and be eligible for an Australian Defence Security Clearance, which requires Australian citizenship.
With more than 1,700 employees based at two facilities in South Australia and Western Australia, ASC has naval engineering, design, construction, maintenance and project management resources unparalleled within Australia’s defence industry.
Your work will be valued and have true purpose. We provide our graduates with the tools, mentoring, and experience required to enjoy an exciting and rewarding career at ASC. Our program will challenge you, broaden your knowledge, and provide opportunities to build networks and grow personally and professionally within a dynamic, inclusive, and supportive culture.
Click APPLY NOW . The opportunities are endless, and it has never been a more exciting time to come on board!
Any questions? Reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org
ASC recognises that we are strengthened by diversity, and we are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to providing a work environment where everyone is included, treated fairly and with respect. People from all backgrounds are encouraged to apply.