Competency Framework Specialist
Location: Adelaide, South Australia
Job Type: Full time
ASC is Australia’s sovereign submarine company and what we do matters. Our team is committed to delivering Collins Class submarine sustainment that provides an agile and potent capability for the Royal Australian Navy.
About the Opportunity
The Competency Framework Specialist is accountable for the establishment and implementation of the technical competency framework for future programs of work. This role operates within the People & Culture structure, collaborating with the learning and development function and Transfer of Technology teams to map the technical competencies to job roles and developing/implementing the plan to integrate additional program specific competencies into the existing ASC framework.
- Mapping of technical competencies to job roles and developing/implementing the plan to integrate additional program specific competencies into the existing ASC framework.
- Developing/implementing a plan to capture/maintain competency assessments across future programs of work
- Develop competency profiles including on the job learning requirements
- Lead the development of career pathway maps for each function (including cross functional corridors) linked to the competency framework; and
- Manage the process for capturing/maintaining competency assessments
Skills & Experiences
- Tertiary qualification in Human Resources, Learning & Development, Education or similar discipline or TAE50211 Diploma of Training Design and Development or similar and equivalent experience.
- Minimum of 5-7 years’ demonstrated experience in a similar role with specific experience in defining/implementing competency frameworks and maintaining a competency matrix at a program or organisation level.
- Extensive knowledge of the vocational and higher education frameworks and sectors within Australia and Australian Qualification Framework.
- Experience in the development and continuous improvement of competency frameworks
- Effective project management skills with well-developed time management skills to plan workload, prioritise and meet deadlines
This role requires a current National Police Clearance and an Australian Defence Security Clearance. Your eligibility for this role is dependent on you obtaining and maintaining such clearance.
To check your eligibility please visit the Australian Government Security Vetting Agency website.
About our offer
- Secure and long term career prospects and exciting career opportunities
- Staff training and leadership development programs
- Additional 2 weeks of leave
- Paid parental leave
- Salary sacrificing options
- Paid defence reservist leave
- Flexible working arrangements
- Onsite cafeteria & parking
- Access to our onsite gym and wellbeing programs
- Annual flu vaccinations and onsite health centre
ASC recognises that we are strengthened by diversity, and we are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to provide a work environment where everyone is included, treated fairly and with respect.
ASC has proudly served as Australia’s sovereign submarine builder and sustainer for over 35 years. We are an integral part of Australia’s maritime strategy and national security, and a trusted partner with sovereign design, build and sustainment capabilities.
Early applications are encouraged as shortlisting may commence immediately.
Click APPLY NOW to come on board!