Quality Assurance Advisor
Location: Garden Island, Henderson, Nevada
Job Type: Full time
ASC is Australia’s sovereign submarine company and what we do matters. Our team is committed to delivering Collins Class submarine sustainment that provides an agile and potent capability for the Royal Australian Navy.
About the Opportunity
ASC is offering an exciting opportunity for a highly experienced Quality Assurance Advisor to work with the Corporate Quality Assurance Team based in Henderson, WA. This role is responsible for assisting ASC in maintaining certification against ISO9001, ISO14001 and AS4801 and compliance to regulatory requirements and other compliance standards. The role of the Quality Assurance Advisor is to provide assurance to the organisation that systems, operations and activities meet or exceed customer requirements and relevant quality, environmental and safety standards.
To be considered for this opportunity it is imperative to display expert knowledge across the following competencies:
- Demonstrated experience in conducting audits in accordance with approved schedules.
- Expertise across supporting a commercial business in understanding, implementing and closing associated non-conformance and recommendations.
- Demonstrated expertise in undertaking projects and activities.
- Proven experience in conducting audits, investigations and reviews to determine conformance to requirements and to identify any non-conformances and opportunities for improvement.
- Experience across reporting, managing and following up outcomes of audits, investigations and reviews to facilitate corrective action and improvements.
- Demonstrated expertise in assessing results of quality inspections and tests to assure compliance with the specified technical requirements.
Skills & Experiences
Our ideal candidate will have a Lead Auditor Qualification along with comprehensive knowledge and experience in the audit of business management systems. You will be an effective problem solver with the ability to interpret inspection results and promptly assess corrective action where required. To be considered for this opportunity, we do require a confident individual who can also display exceptional stakeholder engagement capabilities as well as outstanding communication and negotiation skills.
This role requires a current National Police Clearance, an Australian Defence Security Clearance and an ability to access protected US defence technology. Your eligibility for this role is dependent on you obtaining and maintaining such clearances and approvals. Whilst ASC will accept all applications for this role, as this role requires an ability to access protected US defence technology, applicants holding nationality of certain foreign countries will not be eligible.
To check your eligibility please visit the Australian Government Security Vetting Agency website.
About our offer
- Secure and long term career prospects and exciting career opportunities
- Staff training and leadership development programs
- Additional 2 weeks of leave
- Paid parental leave
- Salary sacrificing options
- Paid defence reservist leave
- Flexible working arrangements
- Onsite cafeteria & parking
- Access to our wellbeing programs
- Annual flu vaccinations and onsite health centre
ASC recognises that we are strengthened by diversity, and we are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to provide a work environment where everyone is included, treated fairly and with respect.
ASC has proudly served as Australia’s sovereign submarine builder and sustainer for over 35 years. We are an integral part of Australia’s maritime strategy and national security, and a trusted partner with sovereign design, build and sustainment capabilities.
Early applications are encouraged as shortlisting may commence immediately.
Click APPLY NOW to come on board!
Applications close 14 April 2023.