Software / Control System Engineers (MULTIPLE POSITIONS/SENIORITY LEVELS)
Location: Adelaide, South Australia
Job Type: Full time
ASC is Australia’s sovereign submarine company and what we do matters. Our team is committed to delivering Collins Class submarine sustainment that provides an agile and potent capability for the Royal Australian Navy.
About the Opportunity
Reporting into a Senior Project Manager, the Control System Engineer will deal with a variety of different Control and Monitoring products and systems that are maintained by ASC and external agencies. The systems are a combination of real time control systems, PLC, simulation systems and standalone applications.
Multiple vacancies available at various seniority levels, full-time permanent roles.
- Provide technical support across customised in-house solutions and systems.
- Review, provide feedback and advice to subcontractor design solutions.
- An integral part of this role will also include working through all the phases of the software development lifecycle, including requirements, design and verification / validation.
- Interpret Piping and Instrumentation Diagrams and Electrical Schematics.
- Work within a multi-disciplined team of systems and software engineers.
- Produce and review technical documentation and reports on control systems managed by ASC.
Skills & Experiences
- Tertiary qualifications in Electrical Engineering, Mechatronics Engineering, Computer Systems Engineering or Computer Science.
- Knowledge and experience of automation and control technologies and systems, examples include Distributed Control Systems (DCS), Programmable Logic Controllers (PLCs), SCADA systems, and, often, Vision Systems.
- Strong problem-solving skills.
- Knowledge of design and implementation of control system computer networks
This role requires a current National Police Clearance, an Australian Defence Security Clearance and an ability to access protected US defence technology. Your eligibility for this role is dependent on you obtaining and maintaining such clearances and approvals. Whilst ASC will accept all applications for this role, as this role requires an ability to access protected US defence technology, applicants holding nationality of certain foreign countries will not be eligible.
To check your eligibility please visit the Australian Government Security Vetting Agency website.
About our offer
- Secure and long term career prospects and exciting career opportunities
- Staff training and leadership development programs
- Additional 2 weeks of leave
- Paid parental leave
- Salary sacrificing options
- Paid defence reservist leave
- Flexible working arrangements
- Onsite cafeteria & parking
- Access to our onsite gym and wellbeing programs
- Annual flu vaccinations and onsite health centre
ASC recognises that we are strengthened by diversity, and we are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to provide a work environment where everyone is included, treated fairly and with respect.
ASC has proudly served as Australia’s sovereign submarine builder and sustainer for over 35 years. We are an integral part of Australia’s maritime strategy and national security, and a trusted partner with sovereign design, build and sustainment capabilities.
Early applications are encouraged as shortlisting may commence immediately.
Click APPLY NOW to come on board!