Lead/Senior Electrical Engineer
Location: Adelaide, South Australia
Job Type: Full time
ASC is Australia’s sovereign submarine company and what we do matters. Our team is committed to delivering Collins Class submarine sustainment that provides an agile and potent capability for the Royal Australian Navy.
About the Opportunity
ASC have an opportunity for a Lead or Senior Electrical Engineer to join our team on a permanent, full-time basis and based in Osborne, SA.
Reporting to the Engineering Manager, the role will involve providing engineering proficiency and support to disciplines both internally and externally to the Design and Engineering departments. You will deliver technical decisions that are safe, practical and suitable for implementation on board the Collins Class Submarines, which contribute to Australia’s frontline naval capabilities.
- Perform engineering tasks of a technically challenging nature which demonstrate knowledge of engineering fundamentals.
- Conduct all technical activities in accordance with the Defence Seaworthiness Management System.
- Provide engineering support to the maintenance of the Collins Class Submarine Program.
- Development of electrical documentation such as specifications and schematics along with investigations.
Skills & Experience
- Bachelor of Electrical Engineering, Mechatronics or similar (Degree must satisfy membership of the Institution of Engineers Australia at MIEAust level).
- Ability to work unsupervised and to work well within a multi-discipline team of engineers and technical personnel.
- Experience working through integration issues with stakeholders to find acceptable solutions.
- Ability to build and maintain interpersonal and professional relationships with stakeholders.
- Ability to motivate yourself and others and embrace personal development.
This role requires a current National Police Clearance, an Australian Defence Security Clearance and an ability to access protected US defence technology. Your eligibility for this role is dependent on you obtaining and maintaining such clearances and approvals. Whilst ASC will accept all applications for this role, as this role requires an ability to access protected US defence technology, applicants holding nationality of certain foreign countries will not be eligible.
To check your eligibility please visit the Australian Government Security Vetting Agency website.
About our offer
- Secure and long term career prospects and exciting career opportunities.
- Staff training and leadership development programs.
- Additional 2 weeks of leave.
- Paid parental leave.
- Salary sacrificing options.
- Paid defence reservist leave.
- Flexible working arrangements.
- Onsite cafeteria & parking.
- Access to our onsite gym and wellbeing programs.
- Annual flu vaccinations and onsite health centre.
ASC recognises that we are strengthened by diversity, and we are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to provide a work environment where everyone is included, treated fairly and with respect.
ASC has proudly served as Australia’s sovereign submarine builder and sustainer for over 35 years. We are an integral part of Australia’s maritime strategy and national security, and a trusted partner with sovereign design, build and sustainment capabilities.
Early applications are encouraged as shortlisting may commence immediately.
Click APPLY NOW to come on board!
Applications close 22 June 2023.