Materials Engineer/ Senior Technical Officer
Location: Adelaide, South Australia
Job Type: Full time
ASC is Australia’s sovereign submarine company and what we do matters. Our team is committed to delivering Collins Class submarine sustainment that provides an agile and potent capability for the Royal Australian Navy.
About the Opportunity
ASC is looking for an Advanced Materials Testing Engineer/Senior Technical officer with Materials experience and NDT qualifications. The successful candidate will become a part of a dynamic and busy team where solutions are developed, and new and emerging material development processes and evaluation techniques are incorporated. The ASC Materials Technology Laboratory is dedicated to solving/developing new ways to approach ‘old issues with new technology’.
An exciting part of this is the future pathway through the Collins Class Submarine work conducting development and testing activities to the appropriate standards/methods providing expert advice and data where none or very little existed before. You will develop new NDT methods and document the processes and observes and/or participates in testing of new materials.
Skills & Experiences
- Knowledge of technologies such as TFM, ECAT, PEC are desirable, with AINDT ISO 9712 Level 2 or level 3 qualifications where applicable.
- Routine and non-routine audits on laboratory procedures and analyses ensuring high levels of accuracy in both testing procedures and evaluations.
- Maintain CCSM baseline NDT requirements for materials and processes including ISO 9712 level 3 for specific methods.
- Ensure that all applicable specifications are met.
- Establish and enforce safe laboratory practices.
- Provide applicable expertise for quoting new products and/or prototypes.
- Provide technical service and assistance to other departments.
- Visually examine materials for signs of wear and corrosion.
- Provide ongoing metallurgical analyses and physical test results for production process control, product quality assurance, and material analyses, in support of failure analysis investigation.
This role requires a current National Police Clearance, an Australian Defence Security Clearance and an ability to access protected US defence technology. Your eligibility for this role is dependent on you obtaining and maintaining such clearances and approvals. Whilst ASC will accept all applications for this role, as this role requires an ability to access protected US defence technology, applicants holding nationality of certain foreign countries will not be eligible.
To check your eligibility please visit the Australian Government Security Vetting Agency website.
About our offer
- Secure and long term career prospects and exciting career opportunities.
- Staff training and leadership development programs.
- Additional 2 weeks of leave.
- Paid parental leave
- Salary sacrificing options.
- Paid defence reservist leave.
- Flexible working arrangements.
- Onsite cafeteria & parking.
- Access to our onsite gym and wellbeing programs.
- Annual flu vaccinations and onsite health centre.
ASC recognises that we are strengthened by diversity, and we are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to provide a work environment where everyone is included, treated fairly and with respect.
ASC has proudly served as Australia’s sovereign submarine builder and sustainer for over 35 years. We are an integral part of Australia’s maritime strategy and national security, and a trusted partner with sovereign design, build and sustainment capabilities.
Early applications are encouraged as shortlisting may commence immediately.
Click APPLY NOW to come on board!
Applications close 22 June 2023.