Mechanical Design Engineers - Multiple Seniority levels
Location: Adelaide, South Australia
Job Type: Full time
ASC is Australia’s sovereign submarine company and what we do matters. Our team is committed to delivering Collins Class submarine sustainment that provides an agile and potent capability for the Royal Australian Navy.
About the Opportunity
Reporting into a Mechanical Manager, the successful applicants will have experience in Mechanical Design and support the delivery of major projects of the Life of Type Extension (LOTE) Program on Collins Class Submarines. The successful applicants must have previous technical knowledge on HVAC designs, Cooling Systems, Fluid Transfers, Auxiliary systems – pumps, piping and overall previous experience in system designs and calculations.
There are multiple positions available for multiple seniority levels and all roles are Permanent, full time, based in Osborne, SA.
- Design and specify HVAC and or Auxiliary systems for our Collins class submarines
- Perform complex calculations to determine heating and cooling requirements
- Preparation of engineering documentation such as specifications, sketches, test procedures and engineering reports
- Review and approval of engineering artefacts
- Provision of technical direction throughout a mechanical design projects lifecycle
Skills & Experiences
- Bachelor of Mechanical Engineering, Mechatronics or similar, Diploma in relevant engineering fields will be considered for Technical Officer placements
- Experience working within a technical design focused on HVAC, Cooling, Fluid Transfer, Heat Calculations, Air Systems
- Demonstrated analytical skills and technical knowledge in engineering
- Senior level experience in complex mechanical programs
- Systems engineering principles and there application in the design lifecycle
- Ability to prepare well-structured and concise reports on progress of the investigation rectification work to various stakeholders
- Ability to work unsupervised and to lead a multi-discipline team of engineers and technical personnel
This role requires a current National Police Clearance, an Australian Defence Security Clearance and an ability to access protected US defence technology. Your eligibility for this role is dependent on you obtaining and maintaining such clearances and approvals. Whilst ASC will accept all applications for this role, as this role requires an ability to access protected US defence technology, applicants holding nationality of certain foreign countries will not be eligible.
To check your eligibility please visit the Australian Government Security Vetting Agency website.
About our offer
- Secure and long term career prospects and exciting career opportunities
- Staff training and leadership development programs
- Education support
- Additional 2 weeks of leave
- Paid parental leave
- Salary sacrificing options
- Paid defence reservist leave
- Flexible working arrangements
- Onsite cafeteria & parking
- Access to our onsite gym and wellbeing programs
- Annual flu vaccinations and onsite health centre
ASC recognises that we are strengthened by diversity, and we are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to provide a work environment where everyone is included, treated fairly and with respect.
ASC has proudly served as Australia’s sovereign submarine builder and sustainer for over 35 years. We are an integral part of Australia’s maritime strategy and national security, and a trusted partner with sovereign design, build and sustainment capabilities.
Early applications are encouraged as shortlisting may commence immediately.
Click APPLY NOW to come on board!