Assistant Project Manager
Location: Adelaide, South Australia
Job Type: Full time
ASC is Australia’s sovereign submarine company and what we do matters. Our team is committed to delivering Collins Class submarine sustainment that provides an agile and potent capability for the Royal Australian Navy.
About the Opportunity
We are seeking a highly skilled and motivated Assistant Project Manager to join the Updates Team at ASC. The Updates team is responsible for managing delivery of engineering design solutions to ensure the reliability and availability of the Collins Class Submarine Fleet for the Royal Australian Navy.
As the Updates Assistant Project Manager, you will be responsible for overseeing the delivery of a number of engineering design projects through all phases of the project life-cycle. You will collaborate with cross-functional teams to deliver appropriate design solutions, including managing priorities and ensuring that all projects are completed on time, within budget, and to the project requirements. This position requires strong project management skills, an understanding of engineering principles, and the ability to effectively communicate complex ideas to technical and non-technical internal and external stakeholders.
If you are organised, self-motivated and passionate about developing your Project Management skillset in the defence industry, we encourage you to apply.
- Demonstrated experience in developing, monitoring and controlling project performance baselines including schedule baselines, time phase’s budgets, earned value management.
- Demonstrated expertise in managing project risk, including mitigation and opportunity realisation actions.
- Experience across measuring work progress, analysing variances and developing corrective actions.
- Experience in project reporting.
- Demonstrated experience across project management and scheduling tools.
- Proven ability to manage multiple simultaneous tasks in a time critical environment.
- In the performance of duties, complies with all WHS policies and procedures and ASC’s Equal Employment Opportunity and Diversity Policy.
- As applicable, mentors and supports project team members and other relevant personnel in the projects area to become an advocate for best project management practice and a high performance project culture.
- Actively encourages the development and maintenance of working relationship at departmental interfaces
Skills & Experiences
Tertiary qualifications in a technical or project management discipline or equivalent experience in a systems engineering, naval construction or complex asset management/ development environment.
- Demonstrable high level verbal and written communication skills.
- Demonstrable practical knowledge of Scheduling, Earned Value Management, financial, stakeholder and personnel management as applicable to a complex project environment
- Minimum of five years’ experience in a complex project environment at a Project Engineer level (or equivalent).
- Ability to obtain Australian Defence Security Clearance (NV 1)
- International Traffic in Arms (ITAR) Regulations
- Diploma or higher qualifications in Project Management desirable
- Membership of the AIPM or equivalent
Applicants must hold Australian Citizenship and be eligible to obtain Australian Defence Security Clearance that includes providing a current National Police Clearance Certificate if successful.
About our offer
- Secure and long term career prospects and exciting career opportunities
- Staff training and leadership development programs
- Additional 2 weeks of leave
- Paid parental leave
- Salary sacrificing options
- Paid defence reservist leave
- Flexible working arrangements
- Onsite cafeteria & parking
- Access to our onsite gym and wellbeing programs
- Annual flu vaccinations and onsite health centre
ASC recognises that we are strengthened by diversity, and we are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to provide a work environment where everyone is included, treated fairly and with respect. People from all backgrounds are encouraged to apply.
ASC has proudly served as Australia’s sovereign submarine builder and sustainer for over 35 years. We are an integral part of Australia’s maritime strategy and national security, and a trusted partner with sovereign design, build and sustainment capabilities.
Early applications are encouraged as shortlisting may commence immediately.
Click APPLY NOW to come on board!