Technical Lead - Hydropower
Location: Brisbane, Sydney
Job Type: Full time
AtkinsRéalis is one of the world’s leading Professional Services and Project Management organisations since 1911 with over 35,000 employees worldwide. Our purpose is to engineer a better future for our planet and its people. We create sustainable solutions that connect people, data and technology to design, deliver and operate the most complex projects across the world. We are committed to having a diverse, flexible and inclusive team that drives and shapes our business and we are proud to create opportunities for enthusiastic individuals looking to build their careers in Australia and globally.
AtkinsRéalis in Australia
AtkinsRéalis is growing rapidly in Australia with new project wins offering exciting opportunities to learn and develop. Our regional business servicing the Australia & New Zealand markets is divided into three sectors: Consulting & Advisory, Program & Project management and Design & Engineering. We're looking to grow our teams in each area.
We have plans to expand our existing team of 120 talented individuals across the East Coast of Australia and are in search for experienced, agile engineers to join us in this exciting growth phase.
AtkinsRéalis’ Engineering Design business provides multidisciplinary engineering services and integrated solutions across a wide range of projects and markets.
As a company, we leverage our award-winning, global expertise in Hydropower to deliver complex projects locally. We are looking for someone with the technical background to develop and expand our current portfolio of work and deliver integrated design solutions for Hydropower projects.
We are in search of a Technical Lead across the Hydropower market, to support our growing portfolio of projects across the Eastern Seaboard.
There’s also the opportunity to engage in business development activities to expand our scope of business opportunities.
As the Technical Lead - Hydropower, your responsibilities will include:
- Leading AtkinsRéalis’ Hydropower capability in Australia, supporting our multi-disciplinary design and project management teams
- Taking ownership for the development of proposals, technical solutions, detailed designs and construction methodologies across major pumped hydro projects
- Developing and maintaining client relationships to support project delivery and business growth
- Working with the ANZ leadership team (CEO, Clients & Markets Director, and Head of E&D) to develop market strategies by utilising our expertise in core markets and industry networks
- Working with the ANZ Recruitment & HR team to ensure the team’s sustained growth.
Desired Skills, Experience & Capabilities
- Proven Hydropower and Pumped Storage experience across design and project management
- A natural problem solver with a desire to apply engineering principles across a range of project types
- Excellent interpersonal and technical skills with the ability to develop and lead design teams and develop strong client relationships
- Experience working in digital engineering environments and delivering to local technical standards and guidelines
- Tertiary qualifications in Engineering or an equivalent, relevant discipline
We are committed to promoting a diverse and inclusive community - a place where we can all be ourselves, thrive and develop. To help embed inclusion for all, from day one, we offer a range of family friendly, inclusive employment policies, flexible working arrangements and employee networks to support staff from different backgrounds. As an Equal Opportunities Employer, we value applications from all backgrounds, cultures, and ability.
At AtkinsRéalis, we recognise that there are many well-qualified people who are looking to further their careers, but who cannot commit to full-time employment. We support flexible working arrangements and are interested to discuss how we can accommodate individual requirements. As part of this commitment, we understand the need for a diverse and flexible workforce, where a work-life balance is important. So, by default Atkins offers flexible working, where there is no fixed 9 ‘till 5, no need for a 5-day week, no requirement for a full-time contract, and no requirement to spend all your working time in the office.
If this role sounds like a good fit for you and you would like to expand your career with us, apply for this exciting and rewarding opportunity today!