Principal Primary Engineer
Location: Brisbane, Sydney
Job Type: Full time
AtkinsRéalis is one of the world’s leading Professional Services and Project Management organisations since 1911 with over 35,000 employees worldwide. Our purpose is to engineer a better future for our planet and its people. We create sustainable solutions that connect people, data and technology to design, deliver and operate the most complex projects across the world. We are committed to having a diverse, flexible and inclusive team that drives and shapes our business and we are proud to create opportunities for enthusiastic individuals looking to build their careers in Australia and globally.
AtkinsRéalis in Australia
AtkinsRéalis is growing rapidly in Australia with new project wins offering exciting opportunities to learn and develop. Our regional business servicing the Australia & New Zealand markets is divided into three sectors: Consulting & Advisory, Program & Project management and Design & Engineering. We're looking to grow our teams in each area.
We have plans to expand our existing team of 120 talented individuals across the East Coast of Australia and are in search for experienced, agile engineers to join us in this exciting growth phase.
AtkinsRéalis’ Engineering Design business provides multidisciplinary engineering services and integrated solutions across a wide range of projects and markets. We are on the hunt for a Principal Engineer, with expertise in High Voltage Substations – Primary Systems (up to 500kV).
Experience in AIS, GIS and indoor substation and control room design, layouts, preparing equipment specification, applying advanced knowledge of substation design principles including short circuit force calculation, earthgrid and shielding is essential. Familiarity with Australian utility standards and experience on related projects will be well regarded.
Key responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Establishing and leading a team of substation designers and supporting our multi-disciplinary design and project management teams.
- Taking ownership of preparing and delivering a full scope of work for HV substations, new build, TNSP Panel works, synchronous condensers and battery installations in accordance with Australian Design Standards
- Developing and maintaining client relationships to support project delivery.
- Collaborating closely with internal and external stake holders to define project goals, establish budgets and develop project schedules
- Participate actively in design reviews, risk assessments and quality control processes to ensure design excellence.
- Stay abreast of emerging technologies and industry trends in high voltage primary systems to recommend innovative solutions.
Desired Skills, Experience and Capabilities
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical or Power Engineering
- CPEng and/or RPEQ
- Proven experience in the design of transmission and distribution, with an expertise in Primary Substation design.
- Excellent interpersonal and technical skills with the ability to develop and lead design teams and develop strong client relationships
- Experience working in digital engineering environments and delivering to local technical standards and guidelines
- Commercially minded, can understand the business needs of both SNC-Lavalin and your clients
We are committed to promoting a diverse and inclusive community - a place where we can all be ourselves, thrive and develop. To help embed inclusion for all, from day one, we offer a range of family friendly, inclusive employment policies, flexible working arrangements and employee networks to support staff from different backgrounds. As an Equal Opportunities Employer, we value applications from all backgrounds, cultures, and ability.
At AtkinsRéalis, we recognise that there are many well-qualified people who are looking to further their careers, but who cannot commit to full-time employment. We support flexible working arrangements and are interested to discuss how we can accommodate individual requirements. As part of this commitment, we understand the need for a diverse and flexible workforce, where a work-life balance is important. So, by default Atkins offers flexible working, where there is no fixed 9 ‘till 5, no need for a 5-day week, no requirement for a full-time contract, and no requirement to spend all your working time in the office.
If this role sounds like a good fit for you and you would like to expand your career with us, apply for this exciting and rewarding opportunity today!