Principal Geotechnical Engineer
Job Type: Full time
AtkinsRéalis is one of the world’s leading Professional Services and Project Management organisations since 1911 with over 35,000 employees worldwide. Our purpose is to engineer a better future for our planet and its people. We create sustainable solutions that connect people, data and technology to design, deliver and operate the most complex projects across the world. We are committed to having a diverse, flexible and inclusive team that drives and shapes our business and we are proud to create opportunities for enthusiastic individuals looking to build their careers in Australia and globally.
AtkinsRéalis in Australia
AtkinsRéalis is growing rapidly in Australia with new project wins offering exciting opportunities to learn and develop. Our regional business servicing the Australia & New Zealand markets is divided into three sectors: Consulting & Advisory, Program & Project management and Design & Engineering. We're looking to grow our teams in each area.
We have plans to expand our existing team of 120 talented individuals across the East Coast of Australia and are in search for experienced, agile engineers to join us in this exciting growth phase.
AtkinsRéalis’ Engineering Design business provides multidisciplinary engineering services and integrated solutions across a wide range of projects and markets.
We are on the hunt for a Principal Geotechnical or Tunnelling Engineer based in our Sydney office to support our current portfolio of projects. The applicant should have extensive experience in rock mechanics, tunnels, caverns and underground spaces. This is a fantastic opportunity to take a leading role in the ground engineering input to some challenging projects within the infrastructure and energy sectors and lead a growing engineering team.
The successful applicant will be a Principal Geotechnical / Tunnelling Engineer with a degree in civil engineering or equivalent and hold chartered status with Engineer’s Australia.
Key responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Lead and manage geotechnical designs for surface and underground structures.
- Analyse and prepare recommendations and reports for projects relating to tunnel and cavern design, foundation design, slope stability, dams and other geotechnical related aspects.
- Work closely and co-ordinate with teams in Australia and overseas to deliver design solutions.
- Understand materials testing objectives to support geotechnical investigation and design recommendations.
- Train and mentor all levels of team members.
- Contribute to the development of complex project tenders and cost estimates.
Desired Skills, Experience and Capabilities
- Proven geotechnical design experience and strong numerical/analytical capabilities with a focus in rock mechanics, tunnels and cavern design.
- Excellent report writing skills with the ability to self-check and produce accurate work. Experience in developing Geotechnical Base Line reports is desirable.
- Excellent interpersonal and technical skills and the ability to develop and lead geotechnical design teams.
- Experience and understanding of the needs and approach to the engineering consultancy and design markets, including relationships with clients, work planning and commercial management.
We are committed to promoting a diverse and inclusive community - a place where we can all be ourselves, thrive and develop. To help embed inclusion for all, from day one, we offer a range of family friendly, inclusive employment policies, flexible working arrangements and employee networks to support staff from different backgrounds. As an Equal Opportunities Employer, we value applications from all backgrounds, cultures, and ability.
At AtkinsRéalis, we recognise that there are many well-qualified people who are looking to further their careers, but who cannot commit to full-time employment. We support flexible working arrangements and are interested to discuss how we can accommodate individual requirements. As part of this commitment, we understand the need for a diverse and flexible workforce, where a work-life balance is important. So, by default Atkins offers flexible working, where there is no fixed 9 ‘till 5, no need for a 5-day week, no requirement for a full-time contract, and no requirement to spend all your working time in the office.
If this role sounds like a good fit for you and you would like to expand your career with us, apply for this exciting and rewarding opportunity today!