Applications for this job have closed. This page will redirect to Atlassian employer page in 10 seconds.
Engineering Manager, Delivery Engineering
Job Type: Full time
Working at Atlassian
Atlassian can hire people in any country where we have a legal entity. Assuming you have eligible working rights and a sufficient time zone overlap with your team, you can choose to work remotely or from an office (unless it’s necessary for your role to be performed in the office). Interviews and onboarding are conducted virtually, a part of being a distributed-first company.
With a sufficient timezone overlap with the team, we're able to hire eligible candidates for this role from any location in Australia and New Zealand. If this sparks your interest, apply today and chat with our friendly Recruitment team.
Your future team
Our Delivery Engineering team is part of our internal developer experience team, staffed with experienced backend engineers. We create tooling to allow Atlassians to deploy safely and easily.
We're hiring an Engineering Manager, reporting to a Senior Engineering Manager. You are an Engineering Manager with a technical background in running production services. Here, you'll grow the team in both team size and influence on the rest of Atlassian, helping your engineers as they improve the tooling to support hundreds of Atlassian teams and thousands of services.
What you'll do
- Facilitate the team growth necessary to support increased team responsibility and product usage
- Partner with program management and architects to determine high impact features for Atlassian teams running on the internal platform
- Provide mentorship and growth opportunities for more junior engineers
- Identify metrics to track success of new platform features and ensure we are investing in the right areas
- Manage projects and work with other engineering managers that rely on your team to deploy fixes
- 3+ years of experience managing an engineering team
- Background in software development and/or DevOps, ideally with on-call experience; we are mainly Java/Kotlin, but are generally agnostic
- Success with growing individual contributors (via mentorship) and teams (via hiring)
- Passion for providing high quality experiences for software engineering teams
Our perks & benefits
To support you at work and play, our perks and benefits include ample time off, an annual education budget, paid volunteer days, and so much more.
The world’s best teams work better together with Atlassian. From medicine and space travel, to disaster response and pizza deliveries, Atlassian software products help teams all over the planet. At Atlassian, we're motivated by a common goal: to unleash the potential of every team.
We believe that the unique contributions of all Atlassians create our success. To ensure that our products and culture continue to incorporate everyone's perspectives and experience, we never discriminate based on race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, or marital, veteran, or disability status. All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
To learn more about our culture and hiring process, explore our Candidate Resource Hub.