Applications for this job have closed. This page will redirect to Atlassian employer page in 10 seconds.
Cloud Technical Support Engineer
Job Type: Full time
Working at Atlassian
Atlassian can hire people in any country where we have a legal entity. Assuming you have eligible working rights and a sufficient time zone overlap with your team, you can choose to work remotely or from an office (unless it’s necessary for your role to be performed in the office). Interviews and onboarding are conducted virtually, a part of being a distributed-first company.
Expression of Interest: Due to a large volume of high quality applications, we have now filled all available roles. We are now taking Expression of Interest applications for any roles that may become available in the future.
Here at Atlassian, we help teams turn ideas into reality with our extraordinary collaboration tools. Do you love providing support in a fast-paced and challenging environment and get a kick out of solving the deepest, gnarliest tech problems out there? If yes, this could be the perfect role for you!
Our Cloud SMB Support team is passionate about providing support and product expertise to our Standard and Premium customers. You will be part of a team of engineers improving our support capabilities and quality for our Cloud customers. You will work with product specialists within Jira to support our customer base.
On your first day, we'll expect you to have:
- A passion for providing legendary service to our Small and Medium-sized Business customers, using Atlassian Cloud products.
- We’re looking for individuals who can self-organize, adapt quickly. Individuals who are resourceful, resilient, have fast learning ability, growth mindset, systems thinking, and a solution-based approach.
- The ability to diagnose and fix technical issues in a timely manner. And help customers get the most out of their Atlassian investment.
- We ask that you have significant experience interacting with customers and good communication skills to back it up.
- You have familiarity with IT Operations, Application Support, Cloud technologies, operating systems and SQL databases
- Demonstrated experience with TCP/IP, SSL/TLS, CDN, Browser/Dev Tools, REST API/ HTTP, Mail, Database Queries, and Java Source
- You are comfortable using the command line.
In this role you will:
- Be responsible for resolving customer configuration issues and responding to customer questions.
- Resolve high complexity issues and informally assist peers with technical roadblocks and customer escalations. You should approach change with a positive mindset and demonstrate the resiliency to face challenging situations and work under pressure.
- Ensure that customers have a positive experience using Atlassian Cloud products.
- Understand customer use cases, perform troubleshooting, devise and implement workarounds to product bugs.
- Work with APIs, REST payloads, REST endpoints, Atlassian product Integrations and 3rd party products to make recommendations to resolve customer issues.
- Provide ad-hoc guidance to customers, internal teams, Atlassian Solution Partners and others. Regarding how to properly implement Atlassian Cloud products.
- Collaborate to develop and implement operational improvements. Also, you may be asked to represent Atlassian at events (Technical conferences, Meetups, etc.).
The team is filled with top-notch technical individuals that are excited to build service experience for our world-class software and development tool used by agile teams. We challenge one another every day and hold ourselves accountable for our work product as well as our customer's overall success. We all enjoy the interactions with the customers, problem-solving, digging into complex issues, and actively championing for customers within Atlassian. We believe we can add significant value to the business by listening to the customer's experience, translating these into actions, and championing their short-term issues and long-term needs throughout the organization. Our team is open, filled with varied backgrounds and talents, respectful, focused, located around the globe, and is all about making our customers successful and loyal to our products.
Our perks & benefits
To support you at work and play, our perks and benefits include ample time off, an annual education budget, paid volunteer days, and so much more.
The world’s best teams work better together with Atlassian. From medicine and space travel, to disaster response and pizza deliveries, Atlassian software products help teams all over the planet. At Atlassian, we're motivated by a common goal: to unleash the potential of every team.
We believe that the unique contributions of all Atlassians create our success. To ensure that our products and culture continue to incorporate everyone's perspectives and experience, we never discriminate based on race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, or marital, veteran, or disability status. All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
To learn more about our culture and hiring process, explore our Candidate Resource Hub.