Android Engineer, Jira Native Apps
Job Type: Full time
Working at Atlassian
Atlassians can choose where they work – whether in an office, from home, or a combination of the two. That way, Atlassians have more control over supporting their family, personal goals, and other priorities. We can hire people in any country where we have a legal entity. Interviews and onboarding are conducted virtually, a part of being a distributed-first company.
Atlassian is looking for an Android engineer with 2-4 years of experience to join our team in Australia! The Jira Native Apps team is looking for innovative mobile developers to help us build for the future. You'll be part of the team responsible for building and maintaining the Jira Android app. You will play a key role in shaping the Jira mobile product, working closely with other platform & product mobile teams.
More about our team
Work with a team of outstanding engineers and designers to build simple, beautiful and consistent user experiences across devices. We are always growing, learning, and adapting. Our teams are astonishingly smart and direct. We ask hard questions and challenge each other to constantly improve our work. We are driven but team-oriented. We work closely with web partner teams as well as other mobile teams.
On your first day, we'd love for you to have:
- Experience with Kotlin on Android.
- Experience with Kotlin coroutines.
- Experience in developing software as part of a team and under VCS.
- Experience with native Android app development experience.
- Passionate about improving user experience and delivering customer values.
- Strong understanding of Android fundamentals, architecture components, and best practices.
It's great, but not required, if you have:
- Experience evaluating and adopting new Android technologies.
- Exposure to a variety of modern Android software design strategies.
- Experience using analytics data to make decisions on architecture or UI.
- Experience with modern Android libraries and components.
- Experience with Jetpack Compose
- Experience with Dagger - or other dependency injection frameworks
- Understanding of Android build system fundamentals, packaging, signing and distribution.
Our perks & benefits
Atlassian offers a variety of perks and benefits to support you, your family and to help you engage with your local community. Our offerings include health coverage, paid volunteer days, wellness resources, and so much more. Visit go.atlassian.com/perksandbenefitsto learn more.
At Atlassian, we're motivated by a common goal: to unleash the potential of every team. Our software products help teams all over the planet and our solutions are designed for all types of work. Team collaboration through our tools makes what may be impossible alone, possible together.
We believe that the unique contributions of all Atlassians create our success. To ensure that our products and culture continue to incorporate everyone's perspectives and experience, we never discriminate based on race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, or marital, veteran, or disability status. All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
To provide you the best experience, we can support with accommodations or adjustments at any stage of the recruitment process. Simply inform our Recruitment team during your conversation with them.
To learn more about our culture and hiring process, visit go.atlassian.com/crh.
You’ve got this!