Assistant Track Inspector - WA
Location: Kwinana Beach
Job Type: Full time
Location: Kwinana + regional travel
Remuneration/Benefit: Attractive Salary Package + Short Term Incentive
- Regional and Local Travel
- Access to Company Pool Car
- Local indigenous and female candidates are encouraged to apply
About the role:
Reporting to and working closely Track Infrastructure Inspector this position will see you on the go driving to Aurizon’s regional depots and sites as well as attending to metro-based yards delivering safe, cost effective, timely and high-quality service to meet customer and business needs. Duties and responsibilities of the role include, but are not limited to:
- Assisting the supervisor in effective planning, organisation, communication, and leadership to enable the safe and efficient management of all relevant equipment and personnel in an assigned team
- Ensuring all work is performed to a high-quality standard in accordance with relevant standards
- Ensuring all work is performed in a cost efficient and timely manner
- Ensuring the competent operations and operator servicing of all equipment and associated plant is carried out to ensure maximum equipment availability.
- Cert II in Rail Infrastructure
- Strong personal commitment to safety
- Unrestricted 'C' Class Driver Licence (Mandatory)
- Sound organisational, communication and interpersonal skills
- ARC Protections Officer qualification would be highly regarded
- Sound knowledge of railway construction and maintenance practices will be highly desirable
What we can offer you:
At Aurizon, we support the development and growth of our employees to reach their full potential. With a national portfolio of operations, we offer a diverse and inclusive environment with long term and exciting career opportunities. Some of our benefits include:
- Development and growth opportunities
- Parental Leave Program and Super Booster
- Access to female and Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander mentoring programs
- Discounts on selected health insurance funds, personal travel, gyms, vehicles and retail brands
At Aurizon we believe in connection
It is our ability to connect that strengthens communities, industries and builds economies. It helps to embrace diversity in our workplace and that is the experience we want for everyone. We are building a culture where everyone is seen, heard and valued, because of their diversity. We value inclusion throughout the whole company and encourage you to apply.
Aurizon is Australia’s largest rail freight operator and a top 100 ASX company. Each year, we transport more than 250 million tonnes of Australian commodities, connecting miners, primary producers, and industry with international and domestic markets.
We strive for a diverse, collaborative, creative and a high-performance culture that celebrates the contribution of every employee and provide opportunities for career development in a dynamic work environment.
To learn about us and our company values visit www.aurizon.com.au/careers
For more information on this position (reference 84164) please contact Julia on 08 9212 2605