Graduate Electrical Engineer
Job Type: Full time
Remuneration/Benefit: Competitive salary on offer
- Graduate Program commencing January 2022 for Australia’s largest freight company
- Newly created role for Bulk Central Division
- Excellent growth and development opportunity
Our Graduates are permanent employees at Aurizon and this program provides an opportunity to develop technical and leadership capability across areas of our business. Graduates are offered diverse opportunities, flexibility, building of networks, professional challenges and a supportive career path in a top 100 ASX listed company. This program will build strong foundations for a successful future.
- A dedicated mentor & supportive environment
- Structured, individualised development program focused on both personal and professional skills
- Graduate challenge, working in multi-disciplined teams presenting innovative solutions for Aurizon’s future
Current SA Opportunity- Graduate Electrical Engineer
Reporting to the Signals Manager, the Graduate Electrical Engineer will undertake electrical engineering activities for signals work. The role will include scoping studies and surveys, earthworks engineering, new installations and replacements in the signals field and setting out work plans for active level crossing renewal projects. Work locations will vary across our operating sites, and you will have the opportunity to work with a great team of professionals to help you learn and grow as an Electrical Engineer. You will be expected to be safety and quality focussed to ensure that signals infrastructure is fit for purpose and able to support Aurizon’s rail and road haulage activities.
About Aurizon Graduates:
- You must have successfully completed an undergraduate degree or higher qualification that is bachelor level or above, in Electrical, Solar or Rail Signals Field or equivalent disciplines and completed your relevant qualification by December 2022
- We are seeking Graduates who can build great leadership skills as well as develop their technical capability
- Graduates who want to grow their career in Aurizon and are flexible to work in the regional communities where Aurizon operates
- Have ambition and demonstrate both exceptional interpersonal and communication skills. Most importantly have the passion and drive to succeed
- You must be an Australian Citizen, Australian Permanent Resident or New Zealand citizen who has entered Australia on a valid passport and has unrestricted rights to employment
- You must have the ability to travel when required
If candidates have already graduated there may be an opportunity to start at Aurizon earlier than January 2022.
Our Recruitment Process:
- We pride ourselves on a recruitment process that is inclusive and one that allows our applicants multiple opportunities to shine. This process will potentially involve online testing, video screening, and pre-employment checks including reference checking and medical.
What we can offer you:
At Aurizon, we support the development and growth of our employees to reach their full potential. With a national portfolio of operations, we offer a diverse and inclusive environment with long term and exciting career opportunities. Some of our benefits include:
- Development and growth opportunities
- Access to female and Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander mentoring programs
- Discounts on selected health insurance funds, personal travel, gyms, vehicles, and retail brands
- Parental Leave Program and Super Booster
At Aurizon we believe in connection
It is our ability to connect that strengthens communities, industries and builds economies. It helps to embrace diversity in our workplace and that is the experience we want for everyone. We are building a culture where everyone is seen, heard and valued, because of their diversity. We value inclusion throughout the whole company and encourage you to apply.
Aurizon is Australia’s largest rail freight operator and a top 100 ASX company. Each year, we transport more than 250 million tonnes of Australian commodities, connecting miners, primary producers, and industry with international and domestic markets.
We strive for a diverse, collaborative, creative and a high-performance culture that celebrates the contribution of every employee and provide opportunities for career development in a dynamic work environment.
To learn about us and our company values visit www.aurizon.com.au/careers