Apprentice Operations Program Manager
Location: Ourimbah, Silverwater, Sydney, Wallsend
Job Type: Full time
Imagine a world where possibilities are widespread. Ausgrid is the forefront of the transitioned future. We are the leader in connecting communities easily to their energy supply choices, while striving for net zero. Are you ready to play your part in an evolving industry?
We are the largest distributor of electricity on Australia’s east coast, providing power to 1.8 million customers with over four million Australians relying on us every day. Our network is made up of substations, powerlines, underground cables and power poles, spanning 22,275 square kilometres throughout Sydney, the Central Coast and the Hunter Valley.
Our vision is simple; for our communities to have the power in a resilient, affordable, net zero future.
Our primary focus is the safe management and operation of the electricity network. Day-to-day we are actively operating, maintaining, repairing and building our electricity network with a focus on safety and reliability. Our job is to make sure the network is ready for a future where renewables play a major role in the power mix.
We take pride in knowing that the work we collectively achieve today, will transform the world tomorrow. We value a culture of working and living safe, being customer focussed, commercially minded, collaborative, honest, accountable, and respectful. It is through our values that our employees grow and thrive in our business.
Our people are critical to our success. With this in mind we are committed to driving diversity and inclusion within our workplace by implementing ambitious gender equity targets. We want our business to reflect the voices of the communities we serve. Our diverse workforce has allowed Ausgrid to create a rich community with shared values and goals amongst our workforce.
To build our future, we are looking to enrich our internal talent with people from all genders, communities, and culturally diverse backgrounds.
Light up your career at Ausgrid.
Your role at Ausgrid
We have an exciting opportunity for an experienced and enthusiastic leader to join our team as an Apprentice Operations Program Manager. This role will see you take ownership and drive the operational aspects of the Ausgrid Electrical Apprenticeship Program. This includes the management, rotations, development and performance of the apprentices. You Partner with the business and subject matter experts to work on the end-to-end activities of the apprenticeship program which includes planning and sourcing for future intakes, training and offboarding.
- Ensure apprentices are appropriately supervised and coached, maintaining a high focus on workplace safety.
- Manage and coordinate the apprenticeship program(s) to ensure apprentices’ academic performance and competency development meets National Competency Standards and any/all Australian Skills Quality Authority (ASQA) and State Training Services (STS) requirements as required by apprentice contracts.
- Ensure Apprenticeship materials and documentation meet government audit compliance requirements including the requirements of an Apprentice’s training plan are met.
- Act as the relationship manager between Ausgrid and the training Organisation (RTO).
- Drive and support the continuous improvement of the apprenticeship program
We are looking for an experienced and high performing program manager who has proven skills leading and managing a large and multi skilled workforce. You hold safety as a core value and have demonstrated experience coaching and developing staff.
You are someone who demonstrates strong communication skills, both written and verbal, as well as foster strong stakeholder relationships, including executive leaders. You thrive in an environment where you must plan and priortise, you are adaptable, agile and work well in a collaborative work group, with demonstrated analytical and problem-solving skills with a high degree of initiative and flexibility.
- Trade qualification – Certificate III Electrotechnology Electrician or Certificate III ESI Power Systems - Distribution Overhead or Certificate III ESI Power Systems - Distribution Cable Jointing or Diploma or Advanced Diploma of Electrical Engineering or equivalent.
- NSW Class C Driver Licence.
Why work for us?
We empower our teams to challenge the status quo, they own decisions that directly impact the transformation of our network to be safer, smarter, and more sustainable. In return, our employees enjoy an array of benefits including:
- Annual performance bonus incentive
- Skills retention all purpose allowance
- Employees enjoy 15% superannuation, which will increase to 15.5% in September 2023
- In line with our diverse workforce, we support flexibility in all its forms in line with business deliverables. This includes but not limited to condensed work weeks, part time working, job sharing, remote working, flexible hours, and time off in lieu
- Our gender-neutral parental leave is competitive and provides our employees with 16 weeks paid leave including superannuation payments
- We have in place mentoring circles for our women with senior male and female mentors
- We invest in our people’s development through secondments, Ausgrid onsite training and varied leadership opportunities
- We focus on the talents of our internal workforce. In the last year over 130 employees were promoted into new roles
- Our recognition program – Amped – recognises employee contributions, behaviours, and achievements through gift e-cards, quarterly and annual awards
- We have a generous study assistance program
- Our employees stick with us with a very low turnover of 3.9%
- We provide access to novated leasing for private use vehicles
- We support corporate social responsibility, enjoy paid community service leave
- We have developed and are executing our fourth Reconciliation Action Plan
- We have an Annual free flu vaccination program
- Corporate Health Discounts through NIB and Bupa!
- Health and Wellness Program provides employees access to gyms/pools across the east coast.
- The Ausgrid Staff Club membership gives you access to a range of discounted entertainment, social events and access to company owned holiday accommodation!
- In the unfortunate circumstances where it is needed, employees can access family and domestic violence leave
- Our Employee Assistance Provider - Converge International - provides a range of support services to our employees at no charge
Interested? We would love to hear from you!
Please apply addressing your suitability for the role via a cover letter and attach your resume.
Successful candidates will be notified regarding an interview.
Applications close: 9 October 2022, 11.55pm AEST.
Please note, our vacancy close dates may be subject to change, we will assess applications as they are received
Please note – Unsolicited resumes/applications from agencies will not be accepted by Ausgrid
Ausgrid – An Equal Opportunity Employer